Let me know your thoughts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Katy

I was going to send you a pm but thought others may pick up some tips from this post so here goes.

1. Your site does not work for people using Internet Explorer, its a wix thing, they are full of JavaScript and IE struggles rendering the page properly, wix is terrible for it. So basically you are losing approx 20% of internet users who visit your site. And to add Wix is not in the business of promoting your site they want to promote themselves, hence the wix banners everywhere.

2. Calls to Action, calls to action are Discounts, Offers, Online Chat, Book Online;etc etc, basically asking the user/viewer to carry out an action, have a read of this it will help

37 Calls to Action to Get People to Read, Click and Buy at Your Web Site | Flyte New Media

You do have a "Book an Appointment" it just takes you through to a contact page not an online booking page.

3. Slide Show, when you hover over the slideshow on the home screen it pops this text up

"Im a Title"
"Im a Description"

If you are going to use a slideshow (Not recommended for this type of business) use it for your "Calls to Action"....not just pretty pictures

4. Content The content on your page is not sufficent, it needs to be more to entice customers, again it needs to be Sales/Promotion/Action Copy that makes the user/viewer react. Picking up on what Sparkle said, stay away from Don't...its do not, cannot etc etc etc

5. High quality service guaranteed, Use this header for SEO purpose, as a user/potential customer I hope you do a High quality Service...should go without saying in a header anyway, if you are going to use Quality etc then write something like
"Quality Nails and Spray Tanning in ....."

6. Facebook Be very careful with how you are using Facebook, you have your business down as a profile, if Facebook get hold of this then they will shut your profile down and ask for ID like a driving licence etc with the name "Ohso-beautiful Ashington"..I am guessing you would not be able to provide this.

7. Errrrmm check out your copyright date :o

8. Whenever you are building your own site, you sit close to your computer and get trapped in vision, when you think you are done load the home page and step back about 5ft away from the screen and ask yourself questions like

"Would I use this service"
"Do I like the look of the website"
"Does it do what I intended it to do"

And be honest to yourself with the answers.

Hope this helps and if you want any other pointers give us a shout but I think I have given you enough to go off. :o

Sorry if it sounds harsh, just being honest
Jack

Thank you so much! Thats a fantastic help!
I will try and move it over to another hosting thing then! I really didn't know they wouldn't work on internet explorer! How frustrating is that! Urgh! Especially when you have spent ages creating it! :(

I agree, you do look and your website and think prettyy good! When really if you clicked on it you'd be pretty put off! :)

Thanks again!! xxx

Hi Katy

I was going to send you a pm but thought others may pick up some tips from this post so here goes.

1. Your site does not work for people using Internet Explorer, its a wix thing, they are full of JavaScript and IE struggles rendering the page properly, wix is terrible for it. So basically you are losing approx 20% of internet users who visit your site. And to add Wix is not in the business of promoting your site they want to promote themselves, hence the wix banners everywhere.

2. Calls to Action, calls to action are Discounts, Offers, Online Chat, Book Online;etc etc, basically asking the user/viewer to carry out an action, have a read of this it will help

37 Calls to Action to Get People to Read, Click and Buy at Your Web Site | Flyte New Media

You do have a "Book an Appointment" it just takes you through to a contact page not an online booking page.

3. Slide Show, when you hover over the slideshow on the home screen it pops this text up

"Im a Title"
"Im a Description"

If you are going to use a slideshow (Not recommended for this type of business) use it for your "Calls to Action"....not just pretty pictures

4. Content The content on your page is not sufficent, it needs to be more to entice customers, again it needs to be Sales/Promotion/Action Copy that makes the user/viewer react. Picking up on what Sparkle said, stay away from Don't...its do not, cannot etc etc etc

5. High quality service guaranteed, Use this header for SEO purpose, as a user/potential customer I hope you do a High quality Service...should go without saying in a header anyway, if you are going to use Quality etc then write something like
"Quality Nails and Spray Tanning in ....."

6. Facebook Be very careful with how you are using Facebook, you have your business down as a profile, if Facebook get hold of this then they will shut your profile down and ask for ID like a driving licence etc with the name "Ohso-beautiful Ashington"..I am guessing you would not be able to provide this.

7. Errrrmm check out your copyright date :o

8. Whenever you are building your own site, you sit close to your computer and get trapped in vision, when you think you are done load the home page and step back about 5ft away from the screen and ask yourself questions like

"Would I use this service"
"Do I like the look of the website"
"Does it do what I intended it to do"

And be honest to yourself with the answers.

Hope this helps and if you want any other pointers give us a shout but I think I have given you enough to go off. :o

Sorry if it sounds harsh, just being honest
Jack

Wow.
Jack - do you just want to do mine?!

Just had to say that tattoos shouldn't have an apostrophe as someone suggested it should. You had it right first time hun! X

Latest posts

Back