Let primer dry before applying acrylic or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I'm new to acrylic, and I was taught to do one coat of primer, let dry completely before applying acrylic. Since I'm new to acrylic I like watching youtube videos to get extra tips and tricks, and I've been seeing tons of people doing one coat of primer, let it dry, and then a second coat and apply the acrylic to the wet primer. Some have said they do this because it causes less lifting.... can anyone tell me if this is accurate?

I'm new to acrylic, and I was taught to do one coat of primer, let dry completely before applying acrylic. Since I'm new to acrylic I like watching youtube videos to get extra tips and tricks, and I've been seeing tons of people doing one coat of primer, let it dry, and then a second coat and apply the acrylic to the wet primer. Some have said they do this because it causes less lifting.... can anyone tell me if this is accurate?
I would say applying acrylic to wet primer causes lifting, I've used nsi in the past and applied acrylic while the primer was wet the acrylic lifted. Cnd doesn't require primer and my lifting problems have vanished

I'd find it hard to get my acrylic on before the primer dries anyway... I use CND and it dries almost instantly!

Latest posts

Back