Let's hear it for Geeg

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Gigi is a very good friend of mine, a fabulous nail technician, and a tireless champion for the nail industry. Gigi continuously gives us nail techs wonderful advice, freely and willingly.

Over the last few days there has been a marked lack of appreciation and respect for our fellow geek and as I know Gigi does not deserve this and certainly does not need this at the moment, I'd like to be the first to say thank you and to ask others to join me.

Ditto to everything you have said Adele,
Gigi is one remarkably friendly lady and we all love her to bits :hug:

Hear Hear adele.

Thank you Gigi for all your invaluble advice and help
xxxx

I've witnessed a few spats on here - hell I've even been involved in a couple! But the absolute carnage I've seen on the site over the last couple of days has been breathtaking - and not in a good way!

Somewhere along the line the plot was lost - and for reasons only they will know most of the crap has been directed at Gigi.

So I'll join you Adele in saying "Let's hear it for Geeg", because the place would be a poorer place without her of that there is no doubt.....

Derek

i have learnt so much from gigi...and her book ( just to add) and appreciate it all.....coz to gain all the knowledge i have gained here in a classroom would have cost me an absolute fortune....so thank you!!
The passion you have for the industry and the education within it is amazing..... if only there were more like you!!
xx

Well let me be the first to say thank you for such a kind thread, Adele.

I really do not know where the annimosity has come from but it seems one particular person who I have no clue as to who he/she is seems bent on disrespecting our site and those on it.

Seems I am the scapegoat for all of this but I have very broad shoulders and although I don't like it or feel it is warranted ... there are all sorts of 'big brave bullies' on the internet where no one can 'see' them. :green: They certainly have not responded to the invitation to private message me personally which says it all I think. They hide behind false names and false information about themselves and try to do their worst but always end up make themselves look the fools and hang themselves in the end. They storm onto the site with some axe to grind and then storm out again and are never heard of again.

Let them try to do their worst .. it is only they who look stupid in the end and who loose all dignity. Let's not loose ours or let them rock the boat ... the funny thing is they can't see that the very thing they complain about ('rudeness' etc ) they dish out in spades ... that's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it? :lol:

Thanks all for your nice sentiments. I appreciate it very much.

Here's to Gigi,
a true nail artisan,
mentor to nail professionals and educators alike,
dear friend
and toughly wonderful lady.
:Love:

I think Gigi is a wonderful person she gives her time freely on the site and is always there with wise advice and with her years of experience a real asset to us all.
So when people feel the need to ignore all this and try and cause problems just stop and think before typing **** :)

I've not been on this site for very long but have just been reading some of the crap directed at this woman and I, for want of a better word, am discusted with the cattyness and down right disrespect for an individual who clearly knows her stuff! It's not nice, big or clever (and it's not professional for that matter):eek:

I have also been reading some of the fantastic advice Geeg has freely given to aspiring techs and for that I would like to say a big THANK YOU :green:

Hi Geeg I must have missed it all lol but I for one respect you and love your book and would not know the half of what I do now if it wasn't for you and this site. Who ever is being nasty must be envious of you and your work.
Love Ya :hug::hug:

Well, can I just say this, without this wonderful lady, I would have never EVER been where I am sitting today. I have had a wonderful pm from this lady that blew my mind tonight and what she is willing to do for me, and that means the world to me, and I know it is heartfelt and honest. :hug:

Her inspiration is second to none and when my confidence has wavered Gigi and her wonderful team have picked me up and dusted me down, that goes without saying Fiona and Wee Fee Wallace. :hug: I can only stand aghast at the insults that have been hurled today, but Geeg is too much of a lady to rise to them, or at the very least to deserve them.

I love you to bits Geeg and you rock. And that is meant with all sincerity. :hug::hug::hug:

When I first joined this site... did I fit in right away? No... I had to learn the ropes.
It's no different than when you first go to school, or join an office where relationships are already developed.

Did Gigi and I butt heads? HELL YES lol We are both strong personalities with strong opinions and strong lungs that will vocalize these opinions.
was she ever rude or mean? No. We both argued our points/opinions WITH RESPECT.....

Today, I love her to death and count her among my friends.
She has my utmost respect in every way.

I've said it already, but for the benefit of those that weren't in hearing distance:

Salongeek made me the tech that I am today, and will make me the tech that I will be tomorrow.

Gigi is one of the main driving forces behind my success and my goals. Her skills, and talent are what I aspire to. HER RESPECT is IMPORTANT to me. Her approval of my work is IMPORTANT TO ME.
While I respect many talented geeks on this site, and hope to count myself among them in skill one day: Gigi is the "Queen" of the hive as far as I'm concerned.
At the end of the day..... Gigi's last word is the one that counts most for me (sorry peeps, luv ya.. but... LOL) And while I'm crazy for art, and she prefers natural... it's all good. We see eye to eye on the important stuff.

She has done nothing but treat me with love, constructive criticism, respect; and like most caring mothers - SHE KICKED ME IN THE ASS WHEN I NEEDED IT!!!
And she'll likely kick me in the ass again, sometime soon ROFL:hug:

Sooooooo I'd appreciate if people would stop talking out of their butts because the odours are becoming overwhelming, and give Gigi the RESPECT that she deserves and that is WELL EARNED through all of her hard work, endeavours and devotion to the industry.

Last edited:
I dont post very often but felt compelled to do so when I saw the title of this thread. I think Geeg is a wonderful mentor on this site and gives a lot of help and advice to anyone that seeks it, and does not deserve to be treated which such appalling disrespect as she has been subjected to on recent posts.

Well done Adele for starting this thread, a very positive outcome from a very nasty situation.:hug:

Tell me who they are and I'll drag 'em further than dynamite could blow 'em.

They're going darn !

:hug::hug::hug:

Like everyone else I have been totally disgusted by some of the stuff I have read and was very tempted to put my spoke in, but didnt want to be dragged down to their level.

Gigi is a wonderful lady and I have utmost respect for her, the first time I met her I was so nervous and within seconds her lovely nature came across and instantly I felt at ease in her company. She is a true inspiration and has been there for me many times offering advice and friendship. So from me to Geeg thank you for all you do on this site and for the nail industry. :hug: :hug:

anne xx

Hi,
I too have the greatest respect for Gigi.
A wonderful lady, who has given us all so much. The geeks on this site know that her input is so important to us all.
We love you gigi.
Good on you Adele for starting this thread.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

I, too, have benefited greatly from Geeg's help and experience and really appreciate it. I would have disappeared without trace by now, I should imagine, if it weren't for this site and the help and advice I've readily received. Still got a long way to go, but I'm getting there. Why bite hands that metaphorically feed you? No matter what brand/s we use, the fundamentals are pretty much the same and have some relevance to us all, surely?

Thanks, Geeg! :hug:

Last edited:
why cant folks just be nice???

i have to agree with everthing people have said about Geeg , she has been a rock to many and always has great advice and I cant wait to meet her one day xxx

i just love her!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gigi has earned her stripes xxxx

I may not always agree with her but would hope that I treat her with the respect she undoubtedly deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back