Let's share beauty tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tiny bit of highlighter blended onto the cupid's bow really accentuates the shape of your lips.

Before using metal eyelash curlers, put them under your hairdryer to heat them. It works really well and your eyelashes stay "up" all day! x

For us English girls, ASDA do a really cheap twist up eye pencil which is about £1.47 (not George make, more budget than that) and it's the best one I've used! Ever! And i've used big brands like Benefit, etc and this one beats them all! I've recommended it to all my friends so now I'm passing on my beauty find to you! 

For us English girls, ASDA do a really cheap twist up eye pencil which is about £1.47 (not George make, more budget than that) and it's the best one I've used! Ever! And i've used big brands like Benefit, etc and this one beats them all! I've recommended it to all my friends so now I'm passing on my beauty find to you! 

OOOH do they do one in dark brown?:biggrin:

They must do one in America I think their version is Wal*mart :) x

They do a brown one! Yes ASDA is part of the Walmart group isn't it? Maybe they'll have it! If you do get it I hope you like it, but even if you didn't at only £1.47 it's not like you've spent a fortune! Lol. I've been using eyeliner for 12 years though, and this is my favourite, great for the waterline, and great for smokey eyes on your lid and under your lashes. If you are looking for it it's a black twist up pencil (i think the brown one has a brown ring on it!) which is in a clear plastic packet with a pink bit on the top with a hole which it hangs up on. The pink bit has 'ASDA cosmetics' on it, real classy! Lol. But who cares if it's good, that's my way of thinking anyway! I'll try and attach a pic although I'm not good at this!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306073536.365761.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306073536.365761.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 235
They do a brown one! Yes ASDA is part of the Walmart group isn't it? Maybe they'll have it! If you do get it I hope you like it, but even if you didn't at only £1.47 it's not like you've spent a fortune! Lol. I've been using eyeliner for 12 years though, and this is my favourite, great for the waterline, and great for smokey eyes on your lid and under your lashes. If you are looking for it it's a black twist up pencil (i think the brown one has a brown ring on it!) which is in a clear plastic packet with a pink bit on the top with a hole which it hangs up on. The pink bit has 'ASDA cosmetics' on it, real classy! Lol. But who cares if it's good, that's my way of thinking anyway! I'll try and attach a pic although I'm not good at this!

Hey thanks for that.:biggrin: I'm off to asda to buy one. I use avon's glimmerstick eyeliner and find they are fab also. Yet to find one to beat it. Let you knowwhat I think when I get one,

Has anybody used the "filler" lipstick in Avon?
It's supposedly a natural colour lipstick that just fills and cracks and makes your lips look plump?

My problem is when I buy these things I look at the lips/eyes/size boobs of the women modelling whatever it is I am looking at and hope that when I buy that I'll look just like them haha x

My problem is when I buy these things I look at the lips/eyes/size boobs of the women modelling whatever it is I am looking at and hope that when I buy that I'll look just like them haha x

Truly an amazing product.

Hahaha Lou I'm with you on that one!! I do the same !!

Nightmare and I fall for it every time!!

Actually I swear by soap and glory! I'm never without my sexy mother pucker gloss or arch de triumph eyebrow pencil everybody's always nicking it! :) x

My tip is this. . To make your salon smell invigorating or relaxing (which ever mood you want to create!) put 5 drops of rosemary oil and 5 drops of lemon oil on a damp kitchen paper towel and drape it over a radiator or near a heat source. The heat will allow the scent of the oils to disperse throughout your salon. . For relaxing mood I suggest mandarin and frankincense. . For a day of luxury . . rose and geranium xx

Use talc powder on hair as a dry shampoo when I don't have time to wash in the morning! Saves money too!! Don't put too much on as can look like you have grey hair lol

And i also use a lip liner instead of lipstick to draw on not just the edges of my lips but the whole lips and just use a lip gloss for shine!! It stays on all day x

I heard the talc in there thing can clog up pores in your scalp and lead to serious problems!
I did it when I was younger but after hearing that am too scared! Dry shampoo can definatly be a life saver though! x

Touche eclat everywhere! lol. So not just under your eyes, but down the side of your nose and the horizontal crease of your chin aswell as underneath the arch of your eyebrows.

Not really a beauty tip but don't let your partner/husband use your shampoo if he has shaved/really short hair. Your shampoo will contain citric acid which gets absorbed into our longer hair but will not absorb enough into short short hair and will run off and sit at the bottom of the shower where their feet are, which can give them athletes foot.

Lou x - The filler lipstick does work but don't wear it on it's own...it makes my lips look blue lol

Touche eclat everywhere! lol. So not just under your eyes, but down the side of your nose and the horizontal crease of your chin aswell as underneath the arch of your eyebrows.

Not really a beauty tip but don't let your partner/husband use your shampoo if he has shaved/really short hair. Your shampoo will contain citric acid which gets absorbed into our longer hair but will not absorb enough into short short hair and will run off and sit at the bottom of the shower where their feet are, which can give them athletes foot.

Lou x - The filler lipstick does work but don't wear it on it's own...it makes my lips look blue lol

Blue!? :o

The shampoo on boyfriends tip is great! Never heard that before!
Now I have an excuse to tell him to keep away from my lovely lovely shampoo haha x

My partner has to use Johnson baby shampoo now lol. Although it lists citric acid on their ingredients list it is actually a "possible addition" and not an actual inclusion.

This is most likely one you all know but put cuticle oil under your nails! It keeps them clean!

Dab vaseline along your cheekbones to accentuate them once your make up is applied!

Not a tip so much as a bloody miracle product... Tend Skin!! It's flipping miraculous for follliculitis and ingrown hairs. Honestly a wonder product I used to get the worst ingrown hairs on my bikini line but it's perfect now. You can get it online on either eBay or hqhair. It also lasts for aaaages!! Xx

Latest posts

Back