Let's share beauty tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, if you want your eye shadow to stand out and stay on, use something slightly sticky on the eye lid first, eg, a cream eye shadow, or something like that. If I dont do this I find it wont stay on and doesnt show up enough xx

Loving the vodka tip - will try that tonight! X

Another tip - apply bonjella 20 mins before plucking your eyebrows will ease the pain !!

An infusion of vodka and diet lemonade keeps me calm... sorry couldn't resist that!!!

xx:hug:

Hahaha love it!

Crushed uncoated aspirin (straight, not nurofen etc) mixed to a paste with water as a face mask is fab! Tightens and calms angry/spotty skin. Best to buy it from cheap shop as often uncoated and just plain aspirin xxx

Loving the tips peeps x

Lipstick on jewellery then buff it brings out a great shine! :)

A very light mist of hairspray on your face keeps your makeup looking like you've just put it on, ALL night :)

An old mascara wand (completely clean and dry) sprayed with hair spray is great for taming brows and keeping them in place :) xx

A very light mist of hairspray on your face keeps your makeup looking like you've just put it on, ALL night :)

Ooooohhhhh doesn't this feel weird??!!
Xxx

If you get fake tan on your palms rubbing toothpaste on it helps to remove it, preferably a whitening one as the abrasive texture helps :lol: x

If you get fake tan on your palms rubbing toothpaste on it helps to remove it, preferably a whitening one as the abrasive texture helps :lol: x

Same works using bleach but you smell like a swimming pool :p x

Haha! not sure how to quote your comment in mine, but if you do go for bleach to remove tan throw a bit of suncream on then at least you'll smell like your at a swimming pool on holiday lol! x

Loving the vodka tip - will try that tonight! X

Another tip - apply bonjella 20 mins before plucking your eyebrows will ease the pain !!

Ha ha Leesse - how did the vodka go!!!

Am loving the bonjella tip - will def try that - the conditioner on the legs for a shave was very sucessful - thanks geeks - keep the tipsm coming, fun thread

Vicki xxx
:hug:

*when your mascara goes abit clumpy or thick adda few drops of hot water and it will be good as new :)
* after putting on your pencil eyeliner go over it with the same colour eyeshadow and it stays put all day!
* rinse your hair with cold water after you have washed it and it keeps it super shiney
*have untamely eyebrows,well gently smooth them in to place with vaseline day and night and they will eventually grow that way.

Haha! not sure how to quote your comment in mine, but if you do go for bleach to remove tan throw a bit of suncream on then at least you'll smell like your at a swimming pool on holiday lol! x

Haha we could bottle up the smell and sell it as perfume "summer holiday"!
:) x

When applying foundation dont forget to put some on your lips too. This will help your lipstick last longer.

Also, if you are running short on foundation, add a little moisturiser to it and it will go further.

I couldn't live without my want style heated eyelash curler, you use press if against your lashes rather than the nasty clamp ones.
If your not a nail tech I used to wash my hands with fairy liquid before applying nail polish, it makes it last.
I can vouch for the conditioner for shaving, buy a cheap one :)
Put your mascara wand in a mug of hot water for a few mins before applying if it's going dry.
With the eyeshadow trick I use touch éclat ( or iv found boots no.7 as good as) also do the same with blusher, apply a creme blush then powder.

I always apply a little face powder to my eye lashes before I apply my mascara, it thickens them up a bit and stops that spider leg look :)

I love this thread!! Xx

Loving these !!! Keep them going !!!! Ooh the vodka tip worked hehehe xx

Latest posts

Back