Let's share beauty tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Douse your face with very warm water. It helps soften your whiskers before you shave your beards :lol:

Hi guys, picked this tip up from an article in LoveIt magazine running a section on the nly way is Essex way girls beauty secrets.

After washing your face before bed smooth on Sudocream (Baby cream) especially if you are prone to spots.

I have tried it and withing 2-3 days my spots were a thing of the past!

Also:

Keep eyeliner/eyebrow pencils in the fridge that way when you come to sharpen them they will not crumble and break

:green: Love the thread :green:

For a sharper 'french' paint job -
Remove as much enamel from the brush as possible, and then cut the bristles into a point.
This makes it easier to draw a finer white line.
Simples :)

Also:

Keep eyeliner/eyebrow pencils in the fridge that way when you come to sharpen them they will not crumble and break

I wish I read this yesterday morning, I had a nightmare with my pencil last night before going out!!! :-/

Hey guys! If your nail polish bottle lid is stuck and u can't get it open (even with ur teeth!) boil the kettle and hold polish upside down (so you don't burn yourself) and pour the boiled water round the lid. Dry the bottle and then it should open easier! Then make sure u wipe round rim with polish remover once you've opened it so it doesn't stick again.
I usually wipe over every time i use a polish anyway then iy prevents it from getting stuck.
Also when they get cloggy i pour a little bit of clear top coat in. This helps last longer aswel rather than using polish remover

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I was always told not to use polish remover as its a 'remover' but never really found it a problem when i did.

(sorry sending from my phone so i sent last post too early!) :)

If after swimming ur bleached / blonde hair turns green! Put tomato ketchup on it!! Then wash off! No more green hair!

Loving this thread!!!

I use coloidal silver on everything it kills bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens within 5 mins so helps clear up my spots!!!

Love the bonjella for eye brows idea!
I have to wax my legs after 9months (couldn't bring myself to do it whilst pregnant) wish there was a tube big enough for my legs lol!

Loving this thread!!!

I use coloidal silver on everything it kills bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens within 5 mins so helps clear up my spots!!!

Love the bonjella for eye brows idea!
I have to wax my legs after 9months (couldn't bring myself to do it whilst pregnant) wish there was a tube big enough for my legs lol!

Ohhh ive never heard of Coloidal but will be looking out for it, sounds handy to have in! Hahaha I like the comment for a big tube of bonjela!!!! lol xx

Any more fab geeks?? X

My beauty regimen? I drink 5 margaritas THEN I look in the mirror. I look beautiful! ;o)

My beauty regimen? I drink 5 margaritas THEN I look in the mirror. I look beautiful! ;o)

So glad im not the only one!! :p

Fab tips geeks! Will be putting these into action :)

Kayleigh x

I must try the margarita one lol! Love it!

I have used baby oil to remove mascara since I started wearing make up. I love it and the skin under my eyes is very soft.

it has to be adding coco-nut oil to my baths, means i can forget about moisturising afterwards...silky smooth skin he he :biggrin:

create a long triangular shape under your eyes down your cheek slightly with a light concealer and blend (dramatically improves tired eyes)...:biggrin:

oh also check out castor oil for skin... google it... ive recommended it to a few clients and its working magic on them for blemishes and age spots (cheap and cheerful) xx

Being from Florida, this is a favorite DIY recipe from a skin professional friend of mine:
3 - 4 cucumber cubes
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 strawberry
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh cream or yogurt
Put it all in a blender and make a paste. Put it on your face for about 20 minutes and just relax with one of those margaritas I mentioned earlier. Rinse. The orange and strawberry refresh your skin and the honey and cream or yogurt moisturize your skin.

With your finger run a line of baby oil down the front of your lower leg where you can feel the bone - adds a slimming and lengthening effect to your legs as the light catches it - easpecially good if legs are tanned.

This may seem gross but if you put anusol (pile cream can't spell haemorroids) on spots it heals and drys them up also great for cracked heals or cracked hands - put it on at night so you don't have that 'white' look. :suprised:

This may seem gross but if you put anusol (pile cream can't spell haemorroids) on spots it heals and drys them up also great for cracked heals or cracked hands - put it on at night so you don't have that 'white' look. :suprised:

Second that!! Also use it on under eye puffiness/bags after a late night... Works wonders!! X

Brilliant!!! On my shopping list today are baby oil for the legs and anusol for the eyes !!!

Rubbing baby oil or Vaseline in your nail citified encourages growth ! Also either of those dabbed on your cheekbones highlights them (similar to the leg one, but hadn't heard that one before- love it!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back