Lets share some marketing ideas for our buissness.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mui

Reaction score
Sawasdee ka

We want to be a nail tecnician we want it to give us a good income it is our buissness we pay for training we train and practice we buy our products now what .

My salon is not on a high street the customers will not find me if i want customers i have to get them .

In this thread i will put some ideas that we have used to take our buissness up and if you have other ideas and can post we can share with each other and make our buissness sucesssfull together .

Thank you mui from Thailand

Hi Mui

What a great idea!
I am not located on a high street either and most of my new clients come from 'word of mouth' recommendations I also have a small advert running in a monthly local magazine. I now advertise every second month but in the beginning I advertised every month with them. I worked on the principle that I would be seen every month so that eventually if someone needed a service then they would remember my ad and contact me through the magazine.
The magazine is my own 'bible' for trades and services in my area and I guessed that if I was always referring to it otherw would too. It has worked pretty well so far.

The other think that I am hoping to get is the free entry in our Yellow Pages - thanks to this site I had the confidence to ask for it when they wanted to sell me space. Thank you to whoever started the thread!

Any other ideas anyone?

Sawasdee ka Mui

I am not sure if this is an idea you would consider, but you could work out a customer loyalty scheme or discount to customers of a prestigeous hotel near to you, thats if they dont already have a beauticians.. so if their residents attend your salon you give say 5% discount or free nail art?

Or maybe offer the hotel receptionists a discounted service and then to say thankyou they recommend your salon to all their customers?

Thanks

Sawasdee ka

Website traffic .

There are over 200 beautifull nail artist websites in this site if u made your website to have customers you can but must redg with search engines .

I have now put my website with search engines it is free you must use key words i used nail salon thailand -nail salon phuket -nail artist thailand -nail supplies thailand and some more if someone puts it in search engine google ask jeeves or an other search engine u will see i come on page 1 i am now after only short time getting 10 times more traffic then b4 and it gets bigger everyday .

I have found search engines that are free you can start but going to www.jadee.com and redg with them and they will send you to 40 different search engines .

In www.webringhub.com there is search engine for nail web sites it is free i get web traffic from this web i see kelly pamper&polish in there same and some other web sites i know .

I will post more search engines for redg later.

Do not 4get the KEY WORD is important if your salon is in phuket you must put phuket so if some body wants nail tech in phuket and they search nail tech phuket they find u :) .

Mui from Thailand

Sawasdee ka

I will make this one more post and after post more later i do not have time for all now .

Many ladys make small buissness cards i am the same but we have to give them out we have now made a big buissness card :) i will speak to gloria to post a photo of it later :o we put photos of what we do in my computor and then print them off in color and we have them laminate it is very cheap like a lady nail tech carry a buissness card in her bag i carry my big buissness card :lol: every time i see a notice board that gives advertising space in Thailand it is 30 baht for 1 month i take space on the advertising board .

This big buissness card is now seen by MANY people that i would not meet to give a small buissness card to and we are having customers from this it is not exspensive and a very good idea to have new customers because a lady see it and think about having her nails enhancements or manicure or pedicure or maybe she think later about having and know where to find address and telephone number for a nail tech .

Everybody that looks at the board to rent a house or buy a motor bike or what is on the board has introduction for muis beauty nail salon Thailand it works and is good for us :) .

Mui from Thailand

Sorry one of the search engine for redg website is www.jayde.com i make a mistake on the other post :o

Sawasdee Ka Mui............ lovely to see you again. I absolutely agree with you regarding getting a website organised so it comes up on all the search engines. I'm very lucky because Seán does mine for me now and I get almost 1,000 page loads a day. Since he took over running it (I didn't have a clue) I have had so many people get in touch with me regarding nail services and supplies etc. As Mui says, you really do need to get your key words and stuff right......... not much point in having a website if you cant be found in the search engines. I'm currently coming up on page 1 of Google when people look for airbrushed nail art Dublin, and pages 1 & 2 when they look for acrylic or gel nails Dublin, not bad considering the thousands of pages out there and it's all down to my lovely man who is so very helpful. It takes a little work to get your website there but it's worth it in the end.

Also a great idea about the large business card - thats very similar to what I do, which is to laminate an A5 card with all my details on it, staple a 'pocket' on the bottom of it to hold my normal business cards. This way, the large card catches their attention, and then, instead of them looking at the card and then forgetting about me, they can take a small business card if they are interested.

Great thread Mui, lets hope we all gets some good ideas from each other. :)

Latest posts

Back