Let's talk colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Hi all Just wanted to see what everyone is using for different colouring techniques. I only ever use Wella but when it comes to highlift, I was thinking of trying L'oreal as I find Wella takes ages to lift properly- 60mins + (i'm mobile so time is of the essence). What would be in your opinions the best highlift brand on the market with regards to results / time? Also which brand would be best for reds?

For my high lift tints I mostly use Wella (originally trained in Wella). I have previously used Schwarzkopf Igora Royal, Clynol Viton S and Revlonissimo. Always been happy with the colour outcome from all of these ranges, but the difference for me is the conditioning agents in the Wella Koleston Special Blonde seem far better than the other ranges I have used.

The development time for Majiblond (loreal) is 50 mins.

Goldwell high lift series is great. 45mins development time. You can add blonding cream or blonding cream ash if you want an extra bit of lift but in foils only as you can't use the blonding creams on the scalp.

I use the blooding cream and cream ash into my colours that go onto the scalp? I was told I could on a goldwell course x

I use the blooding cream and cream ash into my colours that go onto the scalp? I was told I could on a goldwell course x

You're not meant to use them on the scalp. I've used goldwell for a long time and been to their academy in London which is really worth while & they say under no circumstances should you use it on the scalp.

You're not meant to use them on the scalp. I've used goldwell for a long time and been to their academy in London which is really worth while & they say under no circumstances should you use it on the scalp.

I also have been to the academy in London. Very strange both being told diff things

I also have been to the academy in London. Very strange both being told diff things

Very odd as its in the info book they gave me on the course. :-/

When did you go hun? I went last month

When did you go hun? I went last month

July this year and I have a rep who comes to me once a month and he has always said not to use it on the scalp.

There's also another post on here from a month ago I think when someone also said you can't use it on the scalp and they had been told by Goldwell like I had.

I've worked with goldwell for three years now and never been told I couldn't use it on scalp. The only product the don't recommend on scalp is their low lights, and that's not because of being Nast to the skin, it's because it won't give a consistent colour over the area.

I have used Blonding cream ash on my scalp and never had any problems, and used it on clients who have never had any problems...

I'm only going by what I have been told. We weren't given a reason and by all means ask them yourselves incase there's a mix up. But we were told never to use it on the scalp when added to a high lift.

Adding to what I have already written when I worked in my last salon we had goldwell and we used the blonding creams in our high lift for on scalp application. And seemed fine but at the academy we were told not to.

Very strange I will carry on using on scalp though as comes out a nice result

Adding to what I have already written when I worked in my last salon we had goldwell and we used the blonding creams in our high lift for on scalp application. And seemed fine but at the academy we were told not to.

I worked alongside a Goldwell educator and she did say not to put blonding cream onto the scalp as did the tutors when I went to the academy

how ashy are the goldwell highlift on say a base 6 with relevent neutralising tone? do you need to add extra tone?

I worked alongside a Goldwell educator and she did say not to put blonding cream onto the scalp as did the tutors when I went to the academy

Glad I'm not the only one to be told that :)

Latest posts

Back