Letter from ICO data protection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I go back and answer No to question 6 (as above) then Question 7 gives a list of 34 reasons in answering 'None' to those, Question 8 checks that the information held is for 'Self Administration, Accounts or Records, advertising, marketing and public relations (in connection with your own business activity)' which they are so no requirement.

It's a fun game 🤪 😆
I'm a bookkeeper, and you haven't quite got the definition correct for a "Not for Profit". It's about the legal structure of your business, take look here if you want to read a bit more about it:
https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/information/legal-structures-for-community-and-voluntary-groups/

That's why I went back and re-did it, answering the opposite and further questions, still comes out as 'no requirement'
I’ve done this too Trinity. Have tried answering the questions all different ways & however I go about it it still comes out as no requirement.

Absolute transparency with regards what you disclose is key - for example, information relative to someone's health is special category data, to which different rules apply... If you are worried about registration or compliance or have doubts or questions, I recommend that you give the ICO a call - they have a team dedicated to supporting small businesses and are extremely helpful. Contact us | ICO

Absolute transparency with regards what you disclose is key - for example, information relative to someone's health is special category data, to which different rules apply... If you are worried about registration or compliance or have doubts or questions, I recommend that you give the ICO a call - they have a team dedicated to supporting small businesses and are extremely helpful. Contact us | ICO

I tried calling ICO today and I was in the queue for over an hour, finally got through and the woman said I have to speak to another department. I waited for another 20 mins and they hung up the phone. What a waste of time. I know I have to pay the fees. I started the registration and I came unstuck in the organisation bit as they don’t have a section for Beauty ( personal care) I didn’t want to choose anything that doesn’t represent our industry.
I will call again tomorrow or they just have to wait for their fees. Surely they can have some someone to man the phones when they have just sent out thousands of letters to all the businesses.
I am not impressed by them !

Sorry about the rant.
Xxx

Sorry to hear that; most annoying :-(
It would be great if you would be so kind as to share the outcome on here. x

Sorry to hear that; most annoying :-(
It would be great if you would be so kind as to share the outcome on here. x

Thank you. Of course I will share the information. It’s such a beautiful day today, should I waste another 2 hours trying to call ICO???hahah!!! 😘

I've just been on live chat with them and got connected straight away so might be an option for you rather than trying to call. I told them exactly what information I'll be gathering and how it will be used and he advised what I should do.
There is a section for beauty therapists when you register as I've just done it. It's a bit tricky and took me a while to find it and I can't remember what I clicked on now 😅 that's my age showing! It's the third box down before it actually says beauty therapist and it's under something random like social care. Sorry i can't be more helpful, I was just happy I'd found it in the end.

Thank you so much for your reply. That’s very helpful. I will get on to ICO now xx

Good luck. I think everywhere is the same when you try and call at the minute xx

Hi All
I thought I will let you all know that I finally got to speak to someone in ICO last week . I have to pay £40 and they have given me a Covid holiday, meaning I can pay when we reopen in April.
Thanks
Xx

Latest posts

Back