Letting off some steam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of geeks are being rude, obtuse, inflammatory and aggressive in defence of themselves and their geek friends - both past and present.

A swift punch to the throat would follow many of the comments seen on this site over the last few weeks if it was happening in actual real life.

Cyber life is more exciting for many than real life and a whole lot safer.

It's very disappointing.

I'm sick of people calling everyone 'trolls.' It makes me afraid to say anything!

Well I'm sick of all the sly "buttwipe" references and avatars... Very childish

It's funny how some geeks who never come on these threads before have appeared and are now accusing people of trolling and hinting at hidden agendas etc.

Sent from the catphone

And also all the cliques, one person turns up on a thread to say something unhelpful then the rest of the warriors turn up! Why can't everyone just not say anything if they don't have anything helpful to say, a lot of people come on here with real issues only to be called trolls and whatever else.

Well I'm sick of all the sly "buttwipe" references and avatars... Very childish

I don't see anything sly about it. People are angry about it's origin and the fact that it has been swept under the carpet....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aannnyyywwaayyy.....

I need my holiday to be NOW! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you're talking about me, I've been on SG for plenty long enough... Usually totally ignore all chit chat.. But it's gotten to the point that it's letting down a great pro forum.... Several very talented stylists and salon owners that I know have stopped coming on this site and imparting their great knowledge to those less fortunate... And it's because of the petty squabbles that take place....

I'd close chit chat altogether! In a salon it would be kept to the staff room away from clients eyes and ears... On here it's online forever for all to see!

Ok, enough is enough.

I had hoped that everyone would be able to conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner, but it seems I was sadly mistaken.

So, here we are, with yet another thread being closed.

However, for the benefit of everyone who uses this site and wishes to continue using this site......

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back