Level 12 toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karstylist

Reaction score
So I have a client who is a level 10 but wants to be a 12 which toners would you suggest for something like these? I like ICE by Schwarzkopf but it's too grey for her taste! Any help/suggestions! Please if you do have a suggestion label them with what photo you are referring to! By labeling photo 1 or photo 2!! Please and thanks!!
Photo 1 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392962755.927149.jpg
Photo 2ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392962762.303096.jpg

Colour doesn't lift colour so you won't be able to lift the hair without bleaching.
Maybe do a bleach bath with a deep cleansing shampoo and a 6% then apply a toner to even out the colour as your only lifting 2 shades it shouldn't take to long. Or break the base 10 up with bleach hi lights on a low volume (6%) and explain they will go lighter gradually x

The lightest achievable level in hair is 10.

Using a 12 is still giving you a 10. 12 colours are designed to lift and tone in one step, they are not toner, and have a higher ammonia level and more pigment to do this.

I've seen several times on here about using them to tone, it is dangerous and can cause damage to hair and scalp.

Bleach gives you a sharper look, then you tone with a level 10. Warmer colours look lighter, cooler toner appear darker.

Also huge difference between being a 10 and using a 10

What's her natural base ?

What shade do you use ?

What peroxide do you mix it with?

What result do you get?

Well I know color doesn't lift color but I need to know a formula to tone with as she will be still a bit yellow after I lift her to a level 12. As for now we tone Wella 10/16 but I need to get her to a level 12 which is why I need suggestions

Any thoughts on Wella 12/61 or 12/16 ?? And any way to make them toners

So am I guessing you currently use bleach then time with 10/16?

You just need to give a bit more info ;-)

What about half lilac half ice.

There is no such colour as a level 12. It is in the highlift range.

Have you thought about 10/8 with pastel

In Schwartzkopf the toner range is the 9.1/2 range so
9.1/2 4 is beige
9.1/2 5 is gold
9.1/2 1 is violet

Etc

They have a free Schwartzkopf colour house app have a look it will help you. Xx

You also get the toners in the blonde me range which are the ice, lilac, sand caramel etc

A level 12 is just a colour range it's not a level? You will need to lift her to a clean 10 level with minimal yellow and tone with a cool 10 on the roots post lightener.

What's her natural level? If she's a natural level 10 there's no need for high lifts or bleach you could try 10/1 with 6% that will achieve a clear colour.
Goldwell topchic 10p and 6% on the roots and balance with 10bs colourance would be perfect if you can get your hands on it :)

Yesterday I had a client lifted full head h/l to level 10 used 10/16 to tone but was still warm wanted it more ash - should I have used 10/8? Tks :)

She's naturally a cool level 7 but we lift with bleach then tone and I know blonde me by Schwarzkopf has high lift blond toners I believe they are lilac, ice, carmel, strawberry, steel blue. I also understand that level 12 is just a color level but that is what I'm asking for considering color lines make them with label of level 12.

And if we do end up toning with 10/16 do you think it's a good idea to switch to 12/16 or 12/61 high lift for roots or maybe it won't match well?

So really you are looking to switch from a bleach to a highlift tint?

The client won't look lighter it will look softer on the regrowth.

If that's the effect you want then use 12/61 and 12%

Do you think the color will blend well? I'm just nervous to switch but I just feel after bleach her hair gets so dull and flat without shine

So as of now I'm going to get it lighter and tone with 10/16 and next root touch up I wanted to switch to high lift 12/61 considering she's a cool level 7 naturally. What do you think

You may get a slight demarcation line as the old bleach grow out. Something like 10/03 would probably blend better on the ends rather than too ash, as this may make the roots look warmer.

When I tend to do this I sometimes as in a few bleach foils every couple of appointments to soften the line.

Latest posts

Back