Level 2 beauty therapy training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did level 2 at 28 and my level 3 Swedish massage at 30 (started that when 36 weeks pregnant lol). I work as an assistant manager for a cosmetics store but very tempted to open a salon next year when I will be 34! Never too late to join the party I had a blog on doing beauty as a mature student which you should find if you Google it - diary of a beauty therapist . Will be blogging top up courses I plan on doing here though. Good luck x

Omg that’s me. Trained at about the same age. Qualified on the Tuesday and had my first client in my little home salon on the Wednesday. I didn’t think I could work for someone else so practised loads so I would be confident. Built a very successful home salon over 8 years while supporting my ageing mum and stepfather and my girls were little.

Then felt moving out of home would be good and was earning enough to justify it, so rented a room in a golf club. Did that for two years. My eldest daughter then surprised me by saying she would like to train in beauty so we found a little premises we could work together. That was fab. The opportunity then came along to expand into the rest of the premises.

We now have four treatment rooms, a skin clinic and six staff.

I now also teach and distribute for a skincare company!!!

This isn’t what I set out to do when I trained in beauty 16 years ago. I set out to do a bit from my spare room. So go where it takes you.

Best of luck. I loved college and love my job.

Vic x
in all fairness I always find your story an inspiration and if I can end up with a salon like yours one day I will be very proud of myself xx

in all fairness I always find your story an inspiration and if I can end up with a salon like yours one day I will be very proud of myself xx

How lovely. Thank you x

Omg that’s me. Trained at about the same age. Qualified on the Tuesday and had my first client in my little home salon on the Wednesday. I didn’t think I could work for someone else so practised loads so I would be confident. Built a very successful home salon over 8 years while supporting my ageing mum and stepfather and my girls were little.

Then felt moving out of home would be good and was earning enough to justify it, so rented a room in a golf club. Did that for two years. My eldest daughter then surprised me by saying she would like to train in beauty so we found a little premises we could work together. That was fab. The opportunity then came along to expand into the rest of the premises.

We now have four treatment rooms, a skin clinic and six staff.

I now also teach and distribute for a skincare company!!!

This isn’t what I set out to do when I trained in beauty 16 years ago. I set out to do a bit from my spare room. So go where it takes you.

Best of luck. I loved college and love my job.

Vic x

Hi I trained in beauty therapy almost 20 years ago at the same age as yourself. I strongly suggest working in a beauty salon when you qualify especially one that allows you to do all,the treatments you have learnt at college. Then when you have gained experience and confidence think about setting up on your own. Good luck x

I completely agree with Lizzie on this. DEFINITELY try and work in a salon which offers a range of treatments you’ve learnt, as with everything else you still learn along the way! I would steer away from working in a spa, until at least you are completely confident in all aspects. Spa work is predominately massage treatments, which not only is difficult on your body but also feels as though you lose your skill as a beauty therapist in my opinion. And instead you become a massage therapist - and less confident with the other treatments you’ve learnt at college! Good luck and well done you! X

omg this is me and 36 ive done a few private courses but cant fund anymore myself and want to learn over a longer period that just one day. im leaving part time work to go self employed in a salon soon and scared as the security of having an income to having to be self employed is huge ... mortgage etc but i need to do it and im going to take the leap xx going back to college as an oldie is going to be daunting but i cant wait x

Latest posts

Back