Level 2 nail services advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnaCatis

Reaction score
Hi.
Has any of you done level 2 Nail services at Manchester or any college?
It’s states on they website that after the course we would qualify as a junior nail technician. But I’m not sure about that cause I’m on a cutting pattern course in one of their campus and they made me believe that at the end of my course I would be able to sew my own clothes nd even open my own fashion business, and honestly I’m almost finishing the course nd don’t even know how to create a blouse pattern.
-About the nails please help me. Should I go to college(24 weeks) or take one of those 4 days nail course? Thanks

You have to put in what you want to get back. I studied at my local college (Stockport) and two of my classmates have their own businesses now. One is mobile, another has a physical salon. I had employment for a few months and only quit because I ended up going to university.

A level 2 isn't really for opening and running a business, a level three is more in depth. I think a level 2 would allow you to work under supervision. A level 2 course rarely qualifies you for anything more than a junior role or allows admission to level 3. Don't think of a level 2 as a qualification for getting a junior role in a salon. Think of it as a stepping stone for further education.

I will say this however, some colleges have an in house salon, which is key to learning how a business operates. I loved our salon at college, I don't know if it still exists though.

I would personally do a full time college course. As a beginner, four weeks isn't very long at all.

You have to put in what you want to get back. I studied at my local college (Stockport) and two of my classmates have their own businesses now. One is mobile, another has a physical salon. I had employment for a few months and only quit because I ended up going to university.

A level 2 isn't really for opening and running a business, a level three is more in depth. I think a level 2 would allow you to work under supervision. A level 2 course rarely qualifies you for anything more than a junior role or allows admission to level 3. Don't think of a level 2 as a qualification for getting a junior role in a salon. Think of it as a stepping stone for further education.

I will say this however, some colleges have an in house salon, which is key to learning how a business operates. I loved our salon at college, I don't know if it still exists though.

I would personally do a full time college course. As a beginner, four weeks isn't very long at all.
Thank you very much for the reply. I sincerely appreciate it. Manchester college has indeed an in house salon which I believe is a plus! I definitely “ll give on the course and practice a lot.
I believe they let you do level 2 and 3 at the same time, if so I will definitely do that. Xxx

Level 2 is infinitely better than an online or mini course. It is enough to get full insurance and become self employed if you wish. However, you will need to invest in further training once you are done.
Continued brand training, efile training etc. will make a huge difference, I figured this route cost about the same as doing a level 3 but allowed me to target my specific interests better. I have no regrets about it so far.[emoji5]

Latest posts

Back