Level 2?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateskuts

Reaction score
so i went to college 2 years ago to do level 2, and the full price of the course was £1300, but i left halfway through! :'( stupid i no!! but ive just recently enquired about doing it again and the reply said the course is level 2, starts in sept, 2 nights a week, but only costs £750, it cant be the same course can it?
Is it a vrq, that ive seen a few posts about, are these cheaper cause there not so good, or just cheaper so normal people can afford them!!

ta very much xx

Maybe you'll only have to do the parts you missed after you left so you'll only have to pay the course fees for that bit?

I'm totally just guessing, the only way to know for sure is to ring the college and ask them why.

Give them a call or send a letter stating what you have done and if there is anything you can do with regards to doing all that you missed.
As far as I'm aware perming is an extra and not included in the price.

Nvq wasn't fully updated for many years, and because of that we had to do things like finger waves and pin curls ( how many people out there have used this after leaving college?) perms are extra I think due to how hard it was to get a perm client in, and that many disliked doing them to the point they wouldn't do them once qualified.
I do find it a shame in some aspects but it is a bonus these areas have been removed for terms of finance. There are probable many out there who have not done the training because they couldn't afford it but would make amazing hairdressers and now with the lower price it's opening the doors to more and more people. Xoxo

well ive spoken to the college before and they said i have to start the whole course again, i cant finish what ive started! which is fine, as im not totally confident in what i learnt anyways, so i dont mind doing it again!

i dont get that either, the girls that carried oon the year i left did pin curls and finger waving but no perming!! surely perming is a major part of hairdressing! i dont mind paying extra for it if im only paying £750 for the course, but if i paid £1200 for a hairdressing course, you kinda expect to cover every angle!! lol

xx

I'm going back to do my HNC and we're getting perming. Didn't get it in level 2 or 3.

I'm quite interested in learning it cos the wee town I live in is FULL of old people!

Latest posts

Back