level 3 facial electrics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy78

Reaction score
I started my training many years ago through the massage route so did all my massage, Indian head, Aroma, reflexology etc then worked quite a while and thought i would like to do a nice facial so was told i had to do the full level 2 beauty which i did. I would now like to do electrical facials, microcurrent, galvanic etc but really dont know what i shoiuld do as i do not want to have to complete a whole level 3 beauty training, and this is the only way i could do it at my local college. I have covered alot of the therapies before so that would be pointless and very costly and have no interest in doing epilation or body electrics. Does anyone know if i could do the Electrical training with the companies that sell the machines and this training still be insurable or does anyone else know of a place i could just do the electrical facial modules separately. I live close to Essex but am in Hertfordshire if anyone know anywhere nearby? Many thanks.

Mandy

I started my training many years ago through the massage route so did all my massage, Indian head, Aroma, reflexology etc then worked quite a while and thought i would like to do a nice facial so was told i had to do the full level 2 beauty which i did. I would now like to do electrical facials, microcurrent, galvanic etc but really dont know what i shoiuld do as i do not want to have to complete a whole level 3 beauty training, and this is the only way i could do it at my local college. I have covered alot of the therapies before so that would be pointless and very costly and have no interest in doing epilation or body electrics. Does anyone know if i could do the Electrical training with the companies that sell the machines and this training still be insurable or does anyone else know of a place i could just do the electrical facial modules separately. I live close to Essex but am in Hertfordshire if anyone know anywhere nearby? Many thanks.

Mandy

You could do an individual NVQ level 3(unit in micro current etc)through an accredited training establishment.I dont know of any in your area,I would do a google search.

I dont think you can be trained in how to use a piece of electrical equipment and then class that as qualified because this will not teach you the muscles of face,neck,the concept of faradics,microcurrent,galvanics etc.

The manufacturers of these machines teach you how to use the equipment,the routine,the contra-indications and contra-actions but dont have the time to train you more in depth.This is where the level 3 or electrical training comes in to place.

This would mean you wouldn't be able to gain insurance and I dont think the manufacturers of the equipment will train you without the relevant level 3 unit.HTH

Mandy
HI Mandy I was in a similar situation as yourself, I had level 3 vctc in A&P, I got in touch with the Northern college of Beauty in Liverpool and done a Microcurrent facial course, then done a microdermabrasion course with Crystal Clear, if you have not got your Level 3 A&P it is still worth contacting some colleges as alot of massage courses cover A & P, good luck

Elain- Bodybliss Beauty

We've just taken on the DermaCo Pro unit and neither myself or my sister are trained up to level 3. They provide fully certified training for both of us and we haven't had any problems with insurance.
It's a fab machine that does Diamond tip microdermabrasion, microcurrent, Ultrasound, LED Light therapy and hot/cold treatments.

Latest posts

Back