Level 3 makeup artistry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shan-Jade

Reaction score
Has anyone done level 3 makeup artistry at college? If so what did you think to it? Is it worth the money?

Is it the vtct level 3 makeup artistry course? If it is and if as you say it's a college based course, not a distance/online course then in theory it is worth doing if you want to be a mua as you will get an industry recognised qualification at the end of it.

In my opinion (and it is only opinion, speaking from what I have seen of beauty related college courses myself and through my daughter) a course is only as good as it's tutor! These courses look great on paper but the tutors need to be able to prepare and give structured lesson plans and to allocate adequate time to each section. Ask as many questions as you can about the course - has it run previously? If so, Is it being run by the same tutor? Can you meet the tutor beforehand?

Just another thought - you may well be aware, but a lot of Level 3 courses at college can be paid for with the 19+ Adult Learner loans, which is very helpful when you're just starting out, if you're eligible.

Is it the vtct level 3 makeup artistry course? If it is and if as you say it's a college based course, not a distance/online course then in theory it is worth doing if you want to be a mua as you will get an industry recognised qualification at the end of it.

In my opinion (and it is only opinion, speaking from what I have seen of beauty related college courses myself and through my daughter) a course is only as good as it's tutor! These courses look great on paper but the tutors need to be able to prepare and give structured lesson plans and to allocate adequate time to each section. Ask as many questions as you can about the course - has it run previously? If so, Is it being run by the same tutor? Can you meet the tutor beforehand?

Just another thought - you may well be aware, but a lot of Level 3 courses at college can be paid for with the 19+ Adult Learner loans, which is very helpful when you're just starting out, if you're eligible.

It is the Vtct I’ve been looking at - I agree with you when you say it’s down to the tutor completely

I’ve heard about the learner loans but I’m concerned about taking anything like that out as I’m trying to get a mortgage at the minute and don’t want anything to jeopardise my application

Thanks again
X

Latest posts

Back