Level 3 or units & courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspia

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for insight please. I’m doing my level 2 and can’t decide my next route. I can stay in at college and do a full year of level 3 or do A&P plus unit b14 facial electrotherapy.

I intend on doing microblading, Spmu, and I’m keen on the non surgical facelift side although the woman at the beauty school I spoke to said caci etc isn’t really that popular now Botox and fillers etc are about.

I’m 38 so time isn’t exactly on my side.

Thoughts please,

Thanks Lou

I would suggest you stay at college ad get as many units and A&P under your belt in one go. It is much more time efficient for you because the units will overlap on knowledge and practical skills. Even if you don't plan to practice the other units immediately, you never know where the future lies and other treatments you might want to offer in the future.

I would suggest you stay at college ad get as many units and A&P under your belt in one go. It is much more time efficient for you because the units will overlap on knowledge and practical skills. Even if you don't plan to practice the other units immediately, you never know where the future lies and other treatments you might want to offer in the future.

Thanks for your input [emoji4]

Anyone else?

I just did level 2 plus level 3 facial electricals initially. I was 47.

It's cost me a fortune to fill the gaps in my education and it's been stressful. Its much harder to learn on a short intensive course than going to college every week where you have time to practise your skills for the whole year.

I'd agree with CFBS

Oh wow thanks for that. I've arranged a meeting with the college course leader next week so I will have a good chat with her. Is is just little courses you have needed to do eg russian lashes dutchess or is it that's pretty much equivalent to a salon service where you needed to train in a full equivalent unit (lets say body electricals kind of things etc)?

Thanks so much, lou

Everything really - it's difficult to predict in advance how much practice you will need to feel confident.

Having a group to learn with really adds to the quality of your learning experience, gives you a peer group to discuss problems with and bodies to practise on. There will be a lot of very silly, immature girls on your course, which you may find tiresome - even so, you won't be the only mature student nor the first.

After college in London I only had family and friends to practise on, plus a couple of clients - but I had to squeeze this in when they were free. It was much harder that I thought. It took ages to bring new to me treatments up to speed and earn back my investment. I had to spend out on refresher training and I missed the "submit your case studies within 3 months" deadline twice, didn't get a certificate and lost my money.

When you learn the one day treatments such as lashes, you'll still need people to practice on and a place to do it. When I was in college part time I also did a few of the one day courses and practised these on willing fellow students in free time at college. I also brought my threading up to industry standard and I didn't learn this in college. I didn't realise how much harder it would be to progress my training after I left nor how much training I would feel I'd missed out on.

I found that my A and P knowledge didn't "stick" without all the body treatments to reinforce my learning. I felt as though I hadn't learnt anything at all when I attended facial products training after I started work.

I'm actually really bright and I've had lots of practise learning academically demanding material in previous employment so it was a bit of a shock to discover that I couldn't quickly flick through the syllabus manual, do 2 treatments and then be equipped to start my new career.

Everything really - it's difficult to predict in advance how much practice you will need to feel confident.

Having a group to learn with really adds to the quality of your learning experience, gives you a peer group to discuss problems with and bodies to practise on. There will be a lot of very silly, immature girls on your course, which you may find tiresome - even so, you won't be the only mature student nor the first.

After college in London I only had family and friends to practise on, plus a couple of clients - but I had to squeeze this in when they were free. It was much harder that I thought. It took ages to bring new to me treatments up to speed and earn back my investment. I had to spend out on refresher training and I missed the "submit your case studies within 3 months" deadline twice, didn't get a certificate and lost my money.

When you learn the one day treatments such as lashes, you'll still need people to practice on and a place to do it. When I was in college part time I also did a few of the one day courses and practised these on willing fellow students in free time at college. I also brought my threading up to industry standard and I didn't learn this in college. I didn't realise how much harder it would be to progress my training after I left nor how much training I would feel I'd missed out on.

I found that my A and P knowledge didn't "stick" without all the body treatments to reinforce my learning. I felt as though I hadn't learnt anything at all when I attended facial products training after I started work.

I'm actually really bright and I've had lots of practise learning academically demanding material in previous employment so it was a bit of a shock to discover that I couldn't quickly flick through the syllabus manual, do 2 treatments and then be equipped to start my new career.

Thanks so much for the reply.
I think I may stay on, I have weighed up the costs etc and like you say it’s getting the clients and hours in. I think I have decided to do my level 3 and I’m going to do as many courses as I can in and out of college to really make use of my time. Thank you again I really appreciate your help!

Lou

Latest posts

Back