Level 3 whilst working full time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi guys!

in a pickle!!

I really want to become a teacher eventually so i need my Level 3, However there is no way i can afford to not work for a year.

I have a job in a salon at the moment, im gonna talk to my boss once she gets back from her hoiday, but is there anyway i can do my level 3 without going to college, just an assessor coming in to my salon, and watching me work, giving me tests?

Also all of the colleges in my area dont offer part time level 3 only full time

I know that we never stop learning but i know i dont need a full time level 3 course, ive learnt all the colour correction and business skills from working in salons and on ships.

Please help!

There is defo a way, I don't know it tho sorry but my old boss did it after years of working in the industry, perhaps you could speak to your local Carearrs office see if they can point you in the right direction

If u can get funding i know you can do it with in the salon a girl did where i use to work and she did the theory at home and then sent it in and a assor use to come in after a year she got her city on guilds level 3 i couldnt tell you which company tho sorry xx

ok thanks for your help, at least i know its achievable, i will talk to my boss when she gets back see what she says x

It's so easy! I did my level 3 while working full time.. my assessor popped in now and again just to get me up to speed but as long as you have photos of what you need to do (before, during & after) the assessor didn't need to actually be there. I used to bombard her with photos when she came and I was sorted! I think I ran over the allocated time but nothing actually happens.. and was only because I was so busy! But you can definitely do it [emoji4]

It's so easy! I did my level 3 while working full time.. my assessor popped in now and again just to get me up to speed but as long as you have photos of what you need to do (before, during & after) the assessor didn't need to actually be there. I used to bombard her with photos when she came and I was sorted! I think I ran over the allocated time but nothing actually happens.. and was only because I was so busy! But you can definitely do it [emoji4]

Do you know who I need to call?

Look into the ambition centre for training they send an assessor out into your salon to assess you and check your folder (theory work). And I think for the level 3 you can take picture and fill out forms to show the assessor so they don't need to watch you every second xx

Latest posts

Back