Lice treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khornzy

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this, but thought I would ask the professionals.
I am trying to source a disinfectant for our salons that we can use to clean the brushes etc of lice and can spray onto clients. We see lots of nits.
The disinfectant we used has ben deemed to smelly by clients.
What I need is something odourless that does not contravene the COSHH regs and will not be an irritant.
Can anybody help?:irked:

Many thanks

i have done a thread on this bug busting iv checked with my insurance and am waiting on reply
i was told that the lice products dont seem to work on the little mites so to use a tea tree conditioner coz they hate teatree apparently if the clients take a alergic re action the parents can sue and the minors have up to the age of 18 to sue me :cry: iv sent the details over to my insurers about using conditioner but still waiting for them to get back to me :hug:

YUP, they hate tea-tree oil and lavender too apparently.

I dont know what you need for your insurance etc..
but this tidbit might be useful info.

Since the beginning of the schoolyear, there have been SIX outbreaks of lice in my daughter's class. JUST HER CLASs, never mind the rest of the school.
Anyway, everymorning, I spray their hair before plaiting it or pony'ing it.
It's a small water bottle of about 4oz of water. In it is 3 drops each of tea-tree oil & lavender essential oil.
She has NOT had one single outbreak of nits/lice. NOT ONE.
And we all have very long hair at our house.

Also, during tee-ball season, the kids often get nits from sharing the helmets. (tee-ball is like baseball, but for wee ones) Again, my daughter has NEVER had it.

Just something to think on.

I thought if you came across lice or nits you don't do them until they have been treated.Its surely not your job to treat them.

Hi , I must agree that Tea tree is fabulous stuff ,

It may be a good idea to ask your local heath and safety officer to pay the salon a visit
(They are so helpful ) and then he can advise on the best products for each type of task, mundo have good Products too, :hug: x

Last edited:
I thought if you came across lice or nits you don't do them until they have been treated.Its surely not your job to treat them.

No, I wouldn't have thought it was a hairdressers job to do any bug busting ,
Perhaps it is just for getting rid of any thing left behind after an infested client had been in , :hug: x

Latest posts

Back