Licences as a nail tech? Is it A1?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christine72

Reaction score
I have taken a quick look.
5 days from 9am-2.45pm covers mani ,pedi, gel, l&p, nail art, silk and fiberglas? Avoid.
Find some decent course, take one step at a time - mani+pedi, gel polish and one type of enhancements is more than enough. Wish you luck!

I agree in the course. Fast track or intense courses tend Not to cover in depth theory, kind of just brush over it and give you a manual to read yourself! Ou practice on a couple of nails then go away and practice at home. Go back, do an assessment and then your qualified! I think it takes time to perfect your skills with every treatment but nails are very skilled and a lot to learn.
Sorry buy can't give advice on the license.
Can you speak to business link maybe and see if they can give you any advice, or your local council?
Good luck

I have taken a quick look.
5 days from 9am-2.45pm covers mani ,pedi, gel, l&p, nail art, silk and fiberglas? Avoid.
Find some decent course, take one step at a time - mani+pedi, gel polish and one type of enhancements is more than enough. Wish you luck!

No they're really good actually, I've been recommended by two of my closest friends who are working as mobile nail techs - they said its a great course. But that's not what I was asking, do you know if I need to get an A1 license for a shop or something else?

I agree in the course. Fast track or intense courses tend Not to cover in depth theory, kind of just brush over it and give you a manual to read yourself! Ou practice on a couple of nails then go away and practice at home. Go back, do an assessment and then your qualified! I think it takes time to perfect your skills with every treatment but nails are very skilled and a lot to learn.
Sorry buy can't give advice on the license.
Can you speak to business link maybe and see if they can give you any advice, or your local council?
Good luck

I know, I think I will thanks! Just that getting through to the council is like tying to get through to BT...please select from the following 20,000 options!

Hi,

The licence you need for a Beauty Salon is Sui generis, When you find a premises ask what licence they have if its not Sui generis then you would need to apply to the council for change of use or get a commercial solicitor to do it when you sort the lease out. Also as someone mentioned contact Business Link they have fantastic help and advice.
Hope that helps.
Janice x

I've just completed a 30 week course which covered manicure, nail art and gels. I am improving but still need lots of practice. Believe me to cover all the stuff you will be in 5 DAYS!!!! I'd avoid that course hun.
Good luck with your new venture xx

Hi,

The licence you need for a Beauty Salon is Sui generis, When you find a premises ask what licence they have if its not Sui generis then you would need to apply to the council for change of use or get a commercial solicitor to do it when you sort the lease out. Also as someone mentioned contact Business Link they have fantastic help and advice.
Hope that helps.
Janice x

Sui generis isn't on the list. I'm talking about A1, A3 licenses etc. I'll just contact biz link, maybe they can help. thanks

I think it's always worth asking a professional community. Who's to say that what you find in Google is the most accurate up to date resource? If you don't know what you're looking for how do you know if you've found the right answer?

I personally have never heard of P4L and wouldn't base my application on the info on their site, because I wouldn't know if they were the authority for that. (Butting out now) xx

Well if she googled it and looked at lots of different websites they all say the same thing ;-)

Latest posts

Back