life of a file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i'm sure this has been covered before, but no luck with a search. please tell me the longest lasting 180 grit file. is there such thing as a file that is just as effective as it was the first time you used it for subsequent treatments ?how many sets should you expect out of 1 file ?

I too have been wondering about this, so I'll be interested in everyone's views.

Well i think it does depend very much on how often you use your file through a service. Also depends on how much your client suffers with lift and how much you have to file your product down and also what products you use.

I've found with Star nails files i get through them quite quickly, and as you say the more you use a file the less abrasive it is. I also use EZ Flow files and they seem to last longer and remain almost as abrasive as they were when new. I think the lower the grit the more hard wearing they are. My 240 grit files do seem to deteriorate quicker as a finer grit.

As long as you look after your files they will last a while or so, but it does depend on what make you use. Definate;y worth paying good money for files as they do last better.

There are two 18o files that I found last a good while. One is the blizzard board by Creative, and the other is the 180 Longlasting Zebra from Tammy Taylor. Both can hold up strong through several fills. Hope this helps.

If I do a fullset I will usually kill one 180grit file.

As for fill-ins I use 1 file per 2-3 fill-ins.

I prefer PUR-FILES

Purifiles are EXCELLENT!! I have been using them for years!! And on another note, I am going to try the EZ-Flow files. I heard someone else say that they lasted long. Thanks Guys.

mgloverfam said:
Purifiles are EXCELLENT!! I have been using them for years!! And on another note, I am going to try the EZ-Flow files. I heard someone else say that they lasted long. Thanks Guys.

dont think we have them in u.k

any more sugestions please ? :D

Latest posts

Back