Lifted acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brybeex

Reaction score
Hi all, :)

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the following and point me in the right direction.

I have a particular nail client who's nails either break or lift in a matter of 5 days. Other clients nails lasts weeks on end! She likes to have stiletto nails, small/medium length. She is fairly heavy handed but has an office job. When i say i have tried near enough everything, i believe i have. Therefore i just wanted another professionals point of view as to where i may be going wrong?

Thankyou in advance,

B xoxox

Are the nails perhaps too long for her natural nails/lifestyle?

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the following and point me in the right direction.

I have a particular nail client who's nails either break or lift in a matter of 5 days. Other clients nails lasts weeks on end! She likes to have stiletto nails, small/medium length. She is fairly heavy handed but has an office job. When i say i have tried near enough everything, i believe i have. Therefore i just wanted another professionals point of view as to where i may be going wrong?

Thankyou in advance,

B xoxox
I recommend trying a stronger I primer and also having a smoother application of acrylic near the cuticle area and the apex should have a slight arch and the tip should be nearly thin and the way the nail is built is the way the nail should keep its shape and stability.
I think if u try (mia secret) primer it would help the way the acrylic adheres.

Thankyou in advance,

B xoxox

If everyone else is fine why is it likely to be you?? We can't take the blame for our clients all the time, if you are turning out great nails on other people that last without issues but this one client has problems then you need to throw the responsibility back to the client. You've clearly tried everything in your power, now it's time to take control. Closer questioning to find out exactly how it broke, not a vague answer, but specifics, this will give you more knowledge, perhaps she sits in meetings bored and starts chewing??? Find out how/when/where the lifting starts, again is she prising them from the corners, picking at the edges???

Then you take more control, is the shape and length actually right for her or are you allowing her to drive the service? If she is, then you need to do what is right for her not for fashion.

Then you start charging for each and every breakage at each appointment. Someone told me many years ago 'something for free has no value' - if you fix them for free there is no incentive to take care of them because you just do them for free anyway.

I agree with Trinity. Lifting and breaking are very different problems. If the application isn’t too thin then it’s probably something she’s doing/using to put stress on them.

Is there visible damage to her nail plate?

Latest posts

Back