Lifting ....aargh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainneh

Reaction score
Hi All, I finally did a really nice set of nails on Sunday and had a look at them today and there was lifting around the cuticle and sides - I dehydrated correctly am sure I removed all the non living tissue - anyone any ideas?

Thanks - I was really disappointed!! ;-0(

Did you make sure you left a small gap between the product and the cuticle?

Lisa xxxx

Lisa that could actually be it - I think i went a bit to near the cuticle...AAGH - Its so annoying cos i was quite proud!! THANKS xx

Also be sure you are removing all that cuticles that tend to stick to the nail, since i've started using a cuticle remover containing AHA's and a non-professional drill to help me with that task it has been a lot easier.

Hi i too have the problem of not leaving a gap as much as i should and with gel it can run, but also remember to make sure the cuticle remover has been removed thoroughly, i know Wendy (talented talons) did a thread recently as she has finally mastered lifting may be worth pm'ing her she will be more than happy to help x

Thanks for your help girls ;-)

Hi guys

I know many people find it difficult to "leave the gap", maybe technically but actually psychologically too!! It feels as if you're not doing the job properly and maybe your clients think you're giving her a half hearted job too!!

One thing to help with the concept of it, is to imagine that, the tiny gap of natural nail could can be buffed to the same high shine as your enhancement (with the softest - grey side, of a 3 way buffer). This way your enhancements will be "seamless" as they grow out. If you don't leave the gap, then your client will see the difference.

Obviously there are other far more important reasons for leaving the free margin, but I have found that giving my students a visual reason for doing it more successful.

Hope this helps

Hi Grainne, Was it Ez Flow or NSI you were using? I ask because if I happen to forget to use my primer with the Ez Flow (on myself - somehow I never forget to use it on clients) I get lifting the very next day, even though my prep has been meticulous. Otherwise I never get lifting with Ez Flow.

Hi Mandini,

That's really interesting that you use the word 'psychologically'. I think I have this problem with the cuticle area. Also, Psychologically, I can't put a smile line above the natural smile line either! I know if I do this the client's nails will look nicer for longer, but something stops me from doing it each time like an invisible barrier or something! :rolleyes:

The last set of nails I done on my best friend she asked specifically if I could put the smile line higher up as her nails grow so fast and she doesn't like the little gap that appears in smile line area the second week. I know she was talking sense and being practical, but I just couldn't find the words to explain to her that I couldn't do it. I think I managed to do it on about three of her nails!

Who would have thought doing nails was psychological as well as practical!? At least I know how to explain it to my friend now...she'll just think I'm nuts!!! :lol: :p ;)

Regards,

Karen

Hi

I think it's all about going out of our comfort zone!! We all get so used to doing something over and over again - even if it's wrong, it's hard to stop!!

Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes PERMANENT!! I had some bad habits and boy, were they difficult to get out of - even though I knew they were causing no end of problems!! :rolleyes:

Practice doing things the right way until your comfort zone grows around them!!

Mandini x

I agree with JackieMc, you must remember to use your primer as this helps the adhesion of your L&P. I also use a bond before priming which is what EZ Flow recommend when using their products.

As i said in my PM, look at your prep, use cuticle remover, and remove that afterwards, dehydrate the nail and use the recommended primer that the system you use recommends.

Good luck it will happen in the end. I still have off days but 90% of the time i'm happy with the nails i produce.

Hey,

I really sympathise with you - i did my sisters nails for her when we went on holiday and within 3 days they had started to lift - i was so annoyed and disappointed as they took a while to do and i wanted them to be perfect! All the advice given has been great and really helped me also! I need to concentrate on leaving a margin! Thanks!! x

NSI way is to use 3 ball when doing pink/white ... one white and 2 pink ... when client has very small nails its so hard to do 2 pink and not miss cuticle area .... any help please?
Thanks

Joanne xx

*Joanne* said:
NSI way is to use 3 ball when doing pink/white ... one white and 2 pink ... when client has very small nails its so hard to do 2 pink and not miss cuticle area .... any help please?
Thanks

Joanne xx
My sister has the smallest nail beds ive ever seen ( my 5yr old son has the same size..lol), My advice is keep the length short and put the smile line slightly lower than you would normally this will elongate the nail and make it 'look' longer, then i would use 1 white and 1 pink or 2 smaller beads of pink (i use 1 pink on my sister now).
Be carefully with ratio as its easy fo flood cuticle area.

Hope this helps!

Ahhhhhhh i remember the days when me and acrylic used to have a love, hate relationship. I am describing my "relationship" with acrylic because i firmley belive correct prep and correct ratio of products enables u to apply the product however necessary.

My self and acrylic used to have a love, hate relationship (more hate than love especially with lifting!!). But perseverence and education are the key to the sucsessful application of acrylic nails.

Read lots and reasearch information as the mind is an important tool, don't give up on your dreams, you'll regret it, no matter what others say.

Scrutinise every detail from beggining to end of treatment, that way u can establish your mistakes and solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back