Lifting Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJB

Reaction score
Hi,
I applied some acrylic nail extensions to my mums nails justr yesterday, and today they are lifting around the edges...

What am i doing wrong???

Hi,

Well it is hard to really say much until you pop up a photo so that we could see.

But it could be a number of things.

1. Prep
2. Product placement
3. Products ( are you using the complete set ?? or bits of this and that ? )
4. Filing

That is just to name a few.

who did you do your training with. your profile is incomplete so cant see what qualifications you have to help.

My bet is that its your prep hun. I trained with the Edge and unfortuantly found that my nails lifted after just a day! After reading some of the threads on here i found although they taught me to apply lovely looking extensions - they had not drummed into us the imprtant of through prep!!!

So i took the advise of the wise geeks on here and had a look at the tutorials and copied down notes and followed it when i did my next set. Since then i have had hardly any lifting!

Now i always make sure i spend enough time prepping the nails before i apply them and i am so thankful i came across this site and the tutorials because after they lifted i was so disheartened. Have a look at everyones advise and then give it another go. - After all perfect practise makes perfect nails!!!

Good luck!

Jodie x x x x

My bet is that its your prep hun. I trained with the Edge and unfortuantly found that my nails lifted after just a day! After reading some of the threads on here i found although they taught me to apply lovely looking extensions - they had not drummed into us the imprtant of through prep!!!

So i took the advise of the wise geeks on here and had a look at the tutorials and copied down notes and followed it when i did my next set. Since then i have had hardly any lifting!

Now i always make sure i spend enough time prepping the nails before i apply them and i am so thankful i came across this site and the tutorials because after they lifted i was so disheartened. Have a look at everyones advise and then give it another go. - After all perfect practise makes perfect nails!!!

Good luck!

Jodie x x x x

DITTO - you gotta get that prep right chick :lol:

I trained with Essential Nails on a Nail Trainer, and because it wasn't a growing nail on a human hand, the enhancements looked fab. Once I got onto real people, all of my early clients had nightmares with lifting!

Just like jodie_glo, I read lots and lots on here, and went to a few additional 'play days' and training days and just soaked up as much info as possible, and practiced, practiced, practiced!

You will get there hun, you just gotta keep practicing best practices!
Good luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back