Lifting but I don't know why!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndsay

Reaction score
Hello... Do you know why it is that how ever much prep I do I always get lifting on my clients acrylics? I buff, prime etc and make sure there is a gap between overlay and cuticle and still a couple of days later they're lifting! I rty to make sure the (ONS) L:p ratio is correct etc...
Is there a primer/bonder or anything that I don't know about yet to stop this happening?
I've been in this bussiness for a number of years but this problem always gets me down.

If you have tried everything and made sure prep and application are spot on then maybe you should consider using a different brand of L&P. I don't know what your using at the mo but have you told them the problems that you are having. If you have done all that has been suggested move on to something else because lifting should not be an issue just the occasional one off!

Just a thought, do you make sure that ALL non living tissue is off of the nail plate? If there is even a little bit it could cause lifting....HTH

The acrylic I use is Odyssey, I thought this was a good one, is there another that is better? it's so difficult to choose the right one because there are so many.

As for living tissue, I do make sure the nails are clean of it.

Thanks.

When you come to zone 3 make sure you press the product firmly onto the nail plate........... product lifts either because, the prep is not a thorough as you might think.......make sure all cuticle remover is rinsed off the nail plate and scrubfreshed after wards.............
or as I said, not pressing product firm enough in zone 3.........most Technicians very rarely get lifting in zone 1 or 2, thats because they press much firmer there then in zone 3....................
We have all been there, I used to think my prep was so spot on that it couldn't not be that...........guess what???? It was my prep............ so just double check..........
Another thought would be a 1-2-1 session with a trainer or Company and then you can troubleshoot this one problem......................

HTH

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it very much. I'll bear this in mind when next doing some acrylics and if I still have the problem then I'll def try a 1:1 session.

Thanks again.

Lyndsay said:
Hello... Do you know why it is that how ever much prep I do I always get lifting on my clients acrylics? I buff, prime etc and make sure there is a gap between overlay and cuticle and still a couple of days later they're lifting! I rty to make sure the (ONS) L:p ratio is correct etc...
Is there a primer/bonder or anything that I don't know about yet to stop this happening?
I've been in this bussiness for a number of years but this problem always gets me down.
It is a sad but true fact that however well you think you are preparing the natural nail, you are not removing enough of the unwanted cuticle from the zone 3 area before application. If you were, youwouldn't be getting the lifting you are experiencing.

Use an effective cuticle remover such as Cuticle Remover from Creative (nothing is more effective) and then use a sanitized metal cuticle scraper to remove all unwanted non living cuticle. Then remove surface shine and then ScrubFresh (sanitize) really well before application.

You do not mention the system yo use, but if this has been happening for years then itis time for a class with an effective product that is tried and tested.

Lyndsay

Hi there, I too use ONS. It has to be said that I couldn't be happier with this product. In your message you mention is there a primer/bonder. You should not be using your ONS system with out. There are two products, Pre-prime which preps the nail bed and ensures the ph level is balanced, this is to be followed by Primex bonder which does the priming bit. Without use of these two products it is no wonder that you are suffering from lifting. Contact Graftons for further information on the above products and any further information that you may require.

ONS is a fab product and with that small correction to your application you should be getting the fab results that you need.

All the very best of luck

Allways Check Your PREP First but when i come to the acrylic application i tend to use a smaller bead with a slightly wetter ratio, this seems to give better adhesion to the nail plate.

Cres

Latest posts

Back