Lifting gel - just on one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
I have tried, Shellac, Gelish, Bio Sculpture & Artistic Hard Gel.
Every single one of them has lifted from the sidewalls.
I do over 40 clients a week and this is the only one I cannot crack.

She claims to use her cuticle oil and is on hair, nails & skin supplements.
Her nails used to be soooooo weak that I could not even file them.
They are not too bad now. Tad brittle on some, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I do everything even more thoroughly on her than on other clients because I know she lifts. MY ONLY CLIENT THAT LIFTS!! Even my hairdressers get 2 weeks out of their gel polishes.

Some nails lift in a few days, other within the week but she has never come back with any on.

She is NOT on medication. Says she wears gloves. Doesn't use potions or lotions. I always smell alcohol on her (does this affect them?)

Any advise???

I'd be interested in this too. My sister in law is the same - whatever I (and any other nail tech) do on her is off in a matter of days. She follows aftercare to the letter so we had to come to the conclusion that gel just wasn't for her. Frustrating though. Could it be "oily nails" or is that just a myth?

Not every client is suited for gels. Sounds like she could benefit from L&P, CND's Retention + is ideal for lift prone clients

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Not every client is suited for gels. Sounds like she could benefit from L&P, CND's Retention + is ideal for lift prone clients

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I did ask if she'd ever worn acrylic, she said yes and no lifting issues.

Latest posts

Back