Lifting gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
How do you stop uv gel lifting? With l & p i kinda tuck it into the sides but you cant really do that with gel, as i have been reading a tutorial on here and it was saying try not to play to much with the gel and you cant really brush it into the sides (if you know what i mean)
Also when i cap the free edge will that not ruin the nail when i do the filing at the end??

Please help
am feeling stressed :confused:

There are various reasons you could have lifting, what product are u using? What prep do you do? What course are u doing? X

There are various reasons you could have lifting, what product are u using? What prep do you do? What course are u doing? X

hello, i use UV Gel from The Edge, i take shine off the nail, dehydrate and primer and i have just passed my home-learn course

What about cuticle work?
I used to use the edge products and had a number of problems, I've since changed to ibd and have had much more success with regards to lifting. X

What about cuticle work?
I used to use the edge products and had a number of problems, I've since changed to ibd and have had much more success with regards to lifting. X

yes and cuticle work lol

Not doing enough cuticle work I found was a major part in my lifting! You think you have it all removed but you don't. Make sure you also scrub the nail when removing any debris, really scrub.

What do you use for removing the cuticle? I use a chisel and I bloody love it!

I'm not that confident in my gels but paying more attention to the prep has resulted in my last client having 3 weeks growth with zero lifting. That's the first time since I started last Oct :)

Rather than just dehydrating the nail, you need to clease the nail with something like ScrubFresh. It removes surface contaminates and oils, as well as dehydrates the nail, and puts down little antibody yucky-stuff-fighters. :)

Hi

I've done my training with someone else, but we were taught not to buff/prime nail, just to cleanse it to remove any oils.

You do need to cap free edge to prevent lifting, and the only filing we do is on sculptures to neaten them up. On overlays we don't file at the end.

As said above cuticle work is very important!

My tutor actually said its hard coming from acrylics to gels as everything you know is no longer relivant (sp?) Xx

Hi

I've done my training with someone else, but we were taught not to buff/prime nail, just to cleanse it to remove any oils.

You do need to cap free edge to prevent lifting, and the only filing we do is on sculptures to neaten them up. On overlays we don't file at the end.

As said above cuticle work is very important!

My tutor actually said its hard coming from acrylics to gels as everything you know is no longer relivant (sp?) Xx

I find it hard doing cuticle work before gel or acrylics because i was taught not to use and cuticle remover or anything incase some gets left on the natural nail ;-/ but in the other hand i got told never to do cuticle work when the nails are dry!

Latest posts

Back