Lifting gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgro

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. I was previously a beauty salon owner, have just started working in a salon after a few years away pretty much just doing gel nails. I have had a few lifting. I am doing lots of prep, making sure I scuff around the cuticle, capping after every coat and applying thin layers. Really at a loss as to what's going wrong. We use Geleration, some of the base and top coat brushes have cured through being exposed to the light and some of the gels seem a little thick. I haven't been stirring them as was previously told not to but wondered if this makes a difference? I always wipe the nails well with cleans, getting into the corners. Could there be oils coming through from my own fingers? Any ideas as I'm at a loss....

Do you have the Jessica lamp? This makes a big difference.

Yes it is a Jessica lamp and it is working fine.

There isn't a simple answer to this. So please don't be disappointed if you feel you didn't get the answer to your question. Getting consistent adhesion for 2-3 weeks depends on so many different things.

1. Different gel brands act differently and cure differently.
2. Lamps have to be used with the same brand for better results.
3. Even using the lamp with the same gel brand will not always give you give you good results.
4. Application techniques vary between different techs.
5. Some client's nails can't hold gels because they are too weak.
6. Some clients are too hard on their hands.

As you can see, its not a simple answer.

There isn't a simple answer to this. So please don't be disappointed if you feel you didn't get the answer to your question. Getting consistent adhesion for 2-3 weeks depends on so many different things.

1. Different gel brands act differently and cure differently.
2. Lamps have to be used with the same brand for better results.
3. Even using the lamp with the same gel brand will not always give you give you good results.
4. Application techniques vary between different techs.
5. Some client's nails can't hold gels because they are too weak.
6. Some clients are too hard on their hands.

As you can see, its not a simple answer.
I guess not. Just wanted to make sure I'd thought of everything. The other therapists seem to be having problems at the moment too so it may be something to do with the the product or lamps rather than technique. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back