Lifting is driving me nuts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialbutterfly

Reaction score
Someone help!!

Im getting lifting at the sides/bottom corners with any set of nails do (especially my own even though i take longer over them) this happens within a week and a half. I prep well and make sure all tissue is of the surface of the nail and all cuticles are pushed back etc etc. Ive started to use popits but im still getting lifting in the same places.

Ive been searching through threads about lifting but cant seem to find an answer.

Also, ive only seen it happen on my nails but when ive done them ill have a good look over them and this cloudy white bit appears just below the smile line on my natural nail!!! It bugs me as i can see it through clear acrylic and I have no idea what it is? Its not there before i put them on!

Please help me :cry:

Maxine xx

Hi there,
When I was new to the site my main problem was also lifting.Proper PREP is vital and Scrub Fresh is a lift saver if all else fails Nail Fresh a (nail dehydrator). Also prep all nail together but scrub fresh two at a time and enhance two at a time this worked for me till I got better and faster at enhansments.:green:

Thorough prep, scrubfresh, very thin product at cuticles, this works for me, my nails are lasting 2-3 weeks at the moment (except nail biter friend).

I am still training so the other geeks will give you more advice.

Your profile says you started in 04, so you are prob more informed than me.

The problem you describe on your tips: Could this be due to you not blending the tips enough????

My advice prob hasnt helped at all but im sure some of the more experienced geeks will help.xx

Last edited:
Hi Maxine,
I know how you feel hun this still happens to me some times but not others but always happens when I do my own nails Im going to a refresher day on Monday will let you know when I find out were Im going wrong.

ps
can any one else help in the mean time xxx

I think that when doing your own nails the pressure you put on the product is not quite as strong therefore it does not adhere as well.

Thorough prep, scrubfresh, very thin product at cuticles, this works for me, my nails are lasting 2-3 weeks at the moment (except nail biter friend).

thanks for that xx

will try a thinner zone 3 and see if this helps less buffing for me xx:)

When you say the cloudy bit appears just below the smile line - are you doing zone 1 then back bobbing to get your smile line perfect? If so then I recon that your brush is too wet with monomer and this is what is making your nails cloudier below the smile line. Make sure there is no monomer left in your brush before you back bob!

You may be suffering from the same as me with the cloudy area at your smile line. For some reason I always get a slight derailing of my nail plate when I have a new set applied and it look just as you describe. It could be down to the product shrinkage as it cures or the fact that I have them longer and so tend to bash them more - especially with all the typing I do!

You may be suffering from the same as me with the cloudy area at your smile line. For some reason I always get a slight derailing of my nail plate when I have a new set applied and it look just as you describe. It could be down to the product shrinkage as it cures or the fact that I have them longer and so tend to bash them more - especially with all the typing I do!

Thats a thought Sass as I get it alot with L&P too. I am not really a L&P expert but do you get more product shrinkage if the mix ratio is wetter?

As everyone else said, check your prep, try nailfresh, make sure you press the product firmly onto the nailplate but not touching the skin.. But also check your apex placement. If the apex is a bit too close to the free edge any pressure to the nail means pressure to the sides.

My nails don't lift unless my clients spend their time bitting their nails. Sometimes they lift if you aren't using a proper mix ratio.If your beads are to wet they will lift, if they are to dry they will also lift.

Latest posts

Back