Lifting lost cause?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I have one particular client who I've been doing enhancements on now for about 8 months.
For the first 4 or so months she was great, had no issues except herself being very rough on her nails and chipping/ loosing the odd one. But she never had any lifting.
She got ill and went on a course of anti biotics and we started finding lots of lifting occurring on most rebalances.
Since the anti biotics she's had family troubles, death of her dad and now for a little while she's also been ill again but the problem is undiagnosed so she is not on medication right now.
The lifting is terrible now on her rebalance.
I feel awful as I just cant seem to get past it. I am being extra thorough with prep, including trying primer which made no difference. I've shortened her length too.
She doesnt use her oil every day- every other day she tells me as she forgets. She is also a picker/ biter which I know isnt helping me.
But I'm stumped as to what to try next- any ideas?

Hi hun, was just wondering what is the natural nail condition like. The better the condition of the nails the better the enhancments stay on. Has she been picking and pulling due to stress and maby if her general health is worse it is a combination of repeated picking and poor health making the natural nails weaker and not the ideal place for an enhancment to bond with. Maby some of the meds she has ben on have hung around in her system also and that is not helping ether. Maby if it keeps happening she could see if she gets on better with gels, or a gel polish x

Proper stress can be a killer for nail enhancements. I've seen clients loose the lot when there has been a death in the family, moving house, divorce etc. This is an internal issue like illness and Some things you just can't do anything about.

Maybe shorten and offer a lighter alternative like Shellac until her physical condition improves.

Thanks for the advice, its certainly made me feel better. She has gone from no problems to almost no success and yes, in 4 months she has had more stress then I have had in my lifetime :cry:
When it started I said stress could be a factor, but as I've not been able to fix it was beginning to feel like I'm copping out or making excuses suggesting that.

We tried shellac but she peeled it off after a week because she could, she's very hard on her hands and so when she did lose a corner thats it, they were at the mercy of her teeth.
Despite the trauma she's putting them through they dont seem in bad condition, just not nearly as good as they used to be.

I'll see her this week and take the length to a complete minimal, and persevere with the extra measures. She wont go without completely- she'd be horrified by the thought :lol:

Thankyou, it helps to know that it may just not be me :hug:

Latest posts

Back