lifting on 3 nails after 1 week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Well....

I have this regular customers which often leaves 3 weeks or more in between appointments. last time when i rebalanced her nails i had more work then i usually would have had. She called me back after one week to tell me that her nails have lifted on both thumbs and her index finger. I never have any problem with lifting so i am kind of amazed what could have caused this after only 1 week? the rest were fine she said, only those three started showing lifting. She will come by tomorrow so i can have a look at it and repair it.

Has anybody any suggestions what might have caused this? i did tried out a new product on recommandation called line out to hide the very small white lines that sometimes stay behind after filing. I can,t remember on which nails i used it... :rolleyes:

I have had this prob too, I have been using tips with cut out wells and also line out and the tips are cracking under the gel onthe tips. and on another lady 2 as she put it pinged off. I am wondering if i am either buffing the nails too much or the line out is continuing working after i have applied the gel. its getting a bit annoying now

Well....

i did tried out a new product on recommandation called line out to hide the very small white lines that sometimes stay behind after filing. I can,t remember on which nails i used it... :rolleyes:

A product like this..is really just adhesive....and will break down eventually. This does not solve the problem of those white lines of lifted product at all.
Have a read over this tutorial on how to file during a rebalance, that will solve your problem and you can throw out the line out!!!
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/8573-file-control-part-4-during-rebalance.html

I normally never use this product since i never have any problems with lines showing etc... But ofcourse i have to try everything out at least ones :green: Could it gave problems because it maybe wasn,t properly dry since it is just an adhesive?

Thx for your time :hug:

I didnt know line out was an adhesive thought it was like acetone????

oh no i was thinking of tip blender:)

i cant help sorry just wanted to say that it amazes me how some clients can go 2 years with no problems...no lifting...no breaks...then all of a sudden and for no reason at all they come back and they have lifting and breaks !!...then they are fine again for ages.

i fell such a numpty too as i don't have a reason to give them...

Well bagpuss, it feels good to hear this from you.

It,s really so strange for me that it happens all of a sudden and never had a problem before. All of the other customers are fine so .....:rolleyes:...?

I just panick fast like what did i do? maybe it,s my lamp? maybe it,s my product? But logically i know it isn,t since others are fine.

And then the same day a rather anoying customer called to say that the corner of her thumb broke of and that i had to take a look at it. But she is one of those that do a lot of hand work and when i asked how did you broke it? did you bump it against something? it,s ooooh noooo it just came of :grr: She is always out after free fixes etc... I so dislike these type of customers since they drain you mentally. It,s like a kid that denies coloring the walls with paint while being covered in it :irked:

The combination of both calls in one day made me feel a bit :rolleyes: I always take everything extremely personall...that,s my mistake i guess.

yes i too had a lady like that last week, i did her a set of gel nails and she got it really cheap as i am training and then she called me this weekto say 2 had pinged off and one had chipped. When i questioned her further she admiteed she had done 2 onthe drawer when she opned it as it had got stuckand she banged them but she still insisted that the chipped one wasnt her fault, how can it be my fault though as theywerent chipped when i left she must have done it, i said i would see to them but it would cost her otherwise i am losing out and she is getting her nails done again!!! what would everyone else have done?????

Latest posts

Back