Lifting on long flight journeys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Reaction score
Hello all
Just wonderd if any one as ever had any problems with clients nails lifting on long flights??? I have had two clients resently come back of there hols and both said that there nails lifted when on the plane. There nails were all still on when they came but did have quite a bit of lifting. There usulaly very good with there nails and do oil, So just wonderd if i had done somthing wrong or if any one else as had this problem..
Thanks in advance
Caren :)

I would think the lifting is a combination of the holiday dry conditions(perhaps not so good with the oil) plus the flight conditions.

I am away frequently on long haul flights and I make sure to take my SolarOIl with me and I use it several times during the flight and everyday while I am away ... never have a lifting problem.

I have heard this theory before- about lifting occuring because of long flights... it is true that the air on most planes is VERY dry-- keep Solar Oil on hand to prevent this...

But not only is the air DRY- it's very CONTAMINATED! I have been a rep with a Skin Care company- and learned at a training years ago that the amount of bacteria and debris floating in the air on a plane can be horrible!

So.... what I did was when I had a flight to Chicago- it was early morning- I performed my skin care regime beforehand as usual- went on my plane ride- and when I got off the plane, went to the ladies room and used toner and cotton pad on my face- and LO and BEHOLD- you wouldn't BELIEVE the dirt and residue on my skin!!!!!!! The cotton pad was brownish! ALL from the air quality on a 2 hr flight!! :mad:

So not only do you want to Solar Oil your nails- but also take care of the skin on your face- moisturize well! And clean it up quick when you get off the plane!

Can't imagine the germs floating around the plane either, with that recirculated air... people sneezing, coughing, etc.... (yuck!)

~I've got my bottle of Solar Oil (and toner!) packed for my trip to England--- I haven't even found out how long of a flight it is.. but thankfully I LOVE to fly! :lol: Can't wait for The Creative Academy!!!!! :biggrin:

Hope this helps! ;)

MissNailPro said:
went to the ladies room and used toner and cotton pad on my face- and LO and BEHOLD- you wouldn't BELIEVE the dirt and residue on my skin!!!!!!! The cotton pad was brownish! ALL from the air quality on a 2 hr flight!! :mad:

Can't imagine the germs floating around the plane either, with that recirculated air... people sneezing, coughing, etc.... (yuck!)
Oh God !!! that's GROSS !!!!!! I'd never thought of that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back