Lifting on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellehayley

Reaction score
I need help!

I have been applying one of my clients nails for a year and a half with not many problems. The last 2 times her nails have started badly lifting and she has lost a few. I dont understand because I am doing everything as normal. The last time she was in I even did double prep to ensure its not that - but she rung me after a week to say they have still lifted!:mad: I know I am good at nails and not inexperienced as I have been doing them for 8 years now.

I start by doing cuticle work, then buff off the shine and then bonder etc. I use ez flow products.

She comes every 2 weeks and spends lots of money so I dont want to loose her.

which liquid do you use hun?

is she using these hand cleaners containing alcohol that you have on hospital wards??
just a thought x

I use Q monamer (I think thats how its spelt)

is she using these hand cleaners containing alcohol that you have on hospital wards??
just a thought x

Not sure - would this cause lifting? I didn't think of that. I have told her to wear rubber gloves but her answer was she doesnt clean up. I might ensure she is still using her cuticle oil when she comes in this week.

Does using a keyboard weaken nails and cause lifting? I know she works in a office maybe its how she is typing. Sorry just thinking out loud now... xx

I had a client the same, her nails NEVER lifted.
Then on day she comes and they are lifting & she doesn't have a clue whats going on!

Anyhow, as it turned out, she'd been prescribed steroids as she was having a few health problems, and then she was also taking some other new medication, so not sure which it was but it's very likely it was down to her health & medication

Check to see if she's changed anything like that. It may be ....

Latest posts

Back