Lifting problems with Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi
I do acrylic nails at the mo and i had one client come back for infills with hardly no lifting and was really pleased. Yet another client has had a lot off lifting yet says she has done everything i suggested to keep her extensions in good shape. Does anyone else have problems like this where you use the same system but results re lifting are more so with some clients than others.

I'm renting a room next monday and i want my clients to be totally satisfied with their nails, if they are going to return for my services. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelley:confused:

This happened to me when I used a different system of acrylic it only happened with one client though, which was strange. I made sure my prep was extremley thorough and she kept to the after advice too. It was sooooo frustrating when she came back and they had lifted but it was always at the beginning of the second week, and it does knock your confidence. I had to tell myself well it has only happened to this one client but kept thinking it must have been something I had done :sad:
Any way the client was very nice and said she would keep comming back to me till we could solve the mystery. Someone suggested that she might have an oily nail plate and her nails grew ridiculously fast compared to other clients. I ended up buying another new nail system of acrylic to try on her and it worked hey presto they didnt lift at all. I used pre prime with this system and the non acid primer and that seemed to really help!! Im so relieved that her nails are okay and bless her she didn't give up!! :D I hope you solve your problem with your client. Do you use cuticle remover and pre prime etc before as it really helps to prime the nail? Good luck babe let us know how you get on.

Shelley Clarke said:
Hi
I do acrylic nails at the mo and i had one client come back for infills with hardly no lifting and was really pleased. Yet another client has had a lot off lifting yet says she has done everything i suggested to keep her extensions in good shape. Does anyone else have problems like this where you use the same system but results re lifting are more so with some clients than others.

I'm renting a room next monday and i want my clients to be totally satisfied with their nails, if they are going to return for my services. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelley:confused:

Hi Shelley... be aware... some clients tell pork pies! They are not all as good at looking after their nails as they say they are.

Having said that.. I had one client a while back and no matter what I put on her nails, whether it was enamel, gel, fibreglass or liquid and powder... (I tried the lot) nothing stayed on. We decided in the end it may have been because of the HRT she was taking for an early menopause, she had very pronounced ridges running down the length of her nails. I was scrupulous with my PREP but in the end she gave up but still comes for regular manicures.You can't win them all

Thanks lucy
i don't usually use cuticle remover although i always use my cuticle hoof to push cuticle back, i dehydrate the nail, buff to remove surface shine and prime before applying acrylic. Am i doing anything wrong here. As i say it doesn't happen to all my clients, but then again the lady who had the lifting did say she'd come back and wasn't put off by it. Although I must say i do know she's a cleaner so i only have her word on whether she uses gloves with detergents and stuff.

Shelley

Shelley Clarke said:
Thanks lucy
i don't usually use cuticle remover although i always use my cuticle hoof to push cuticle back, i dehydrate the nail, buff to remove surface shine and prime before applying acrylic. Am i doing anything wrong here. As i say it doesn't happen to all my clients, but then again the lady who had the lifting did say she'd come back and wasn't put off by it. Although I must say i do know she's a cleaner so i only have her word on whether she uses gloves with detergents and stuff.

Shelley
In order to get great adhesion, this goes for any system you may use............
You need to remove all non-living tissue from the nail plate............
This has to be spot on or you will get lifting.........Clients use water, even if they just wash their hands, non living tissue softens and lifts of the nail and so does the overlay................

This will give you great pointers, how to prep and nip lifting in the bud!!!!
Read the Geeks guide to great prepping, this might just be what you are looking for...................
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3007

Another reason for lifting is not pressing the product hard enough in the 3rd zone. Press for success........
HTH

Laura said:
Hi Shelley... be aware... some clients tell pork pies! They are not all as good at looking after their nails as they say they are.

Having said that.. I had one client a while back and no matter what I put on her nails, whether it was enamel, gel, fibreglass or liquid and powder... (I tried the lot) nothing stayed on. We decided in the end it may have been because of the HRT she was taking for an early menopause, she had very pronounced ridges running down the length of her nails. I was scrupulous with my PREP but in the end she gave up but still comes for regular manicures.You can't win them all

funny you should say that about the hrt because the one client who had the probs before with lifting takes hrt and kept telling me it could be that and it makes har nails grow twice as fast. She was convinced that her hrt was something to do with it but im not sure if medication would affect the adhesion of the nail? What a coincidence though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back