Lifting problems with Creative L+P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylz

Reaction score
I have been using creative for around 8 years and found it to be excellent to work with and little to no lifting problems... but ever since they changed their packaging and product, ive had nothing but trouble. Even my own nails are lifting and im not normally a lifter. Ive tried mixing my ratios etc....double primed...still nothing works.

I am doing the same prep work as before, yet id say 70% of my clients are now suffering lifting problems that didnt have in the past. I cannot afford to lose clients due to this.

Anyone else have any problems with Creative lately?

I've had no problems at all, whether it be with the old packaging or the new packaging, and I don't think you can attribute your problems to that in all honesty.

It has to be something you're doing (or not doing) for it to affect 70% of your clients. Have you thought about having a 1-2-1 to see if that can pinpoint the problem?

I hadnt thought of that but i will look into it.

It just seems weird that for 8 years ive never had any trouble until i bought the new stuff. I purchased in bulk too....

I have just bought NSI (I trained with them) so we will see how that goes.

I have honestly wracked my brain to think of anything ive done differently....but nothing comes to mind.

The only thing that's new with CND monomers is the look of the packaging there have been no changes inside the bottles.

Why not take this issue to your supplier rather than the WWW. I think this is a little unfair of you in all honesty.

I have friends in Oz who are using the product just as normal. Not denying you have a problem there which is all too obvious but I would have thought the logical place to go was to your supplier.

I hadnt thought of that but i will look into it.

It just seems weird that for 8 years ive never had any trouble until i bought the new stuff. I purchased in bulk too....

I have just bought NSI (I trained with them) so we will see how that goes.

I have honestly wracked my brain to think of anything ive done differently....but nothing comes to mind.

I am wondering if your monomer has been open too long and/or stored differently.........just a thought:confused:

I had been to the supplier and they were the people to tell my to try less monomer etc.. Creative called me and they informed me that the powder had infact changed its grain to finer grain. But i doubt the problem eould lie with the powder, more the monomer.

So im at a loss why, the only change ive had in storing my stock was to slightly colder storage area.

HI there,

Where are u purchasing... dont mention names of course but there is a supplier in my area that buys cheap from "dump" actions... they just re fill any sort of packaging etc... all though with u having the new packing not likely that it is old stock.... it happened to me with wax.... i thought i was getting a bargin till i looked at the date..... 2005!!!! no wonder it was breaking..

anyway just a thought... a finer powder u say?... i have not noticed.. I only use CND and have the new packaging... i have no problems..
X Mel

CND Powders are cosmetic grade powders- I have been using it through old and new packaging, and as I keep up on the training (it does change constantly), my results justget better and better.

Try to be patient, and not so quick to jump the gun! :) If you have been happy, and know that they will help you with the science to back it up, try and stick it out and troubleshoot with an EA- it might be something small that we all tend to miss when we get busy ;)

What I personally don't appreciate about this particular thread is the negative title and then when you read the body of the first post no where is it mentioned that the author are in fact leaving CND. The post has a valid question if that is how the poster feels and is wanting to determine other techs experiences. But what is the point of the title as all it does is generate negative connotatations about a specific brand and that is innappropriate in a professional forum.

anne xx

What I personally don't appreciate about this particular thread is the negative title and then when you read the body of the first post no where is it mentioned that the author are in fact leaving CND. The post has a valid question if that is how the poster feels and is wanting to determine other techs experiences. But what is the point of the title as all it does is generate negative connotatations about a specific brand and that is innappropriate in a professional forum.

anne xx
I'll go and edit the title now :green:

We generally try not to intervene with thread titles too much because we get accused of 'policing' the site, damned if we do and damned if we don't :rolleyes: :hug:

I'll go and edit the title now :green:

We generally try not to intervene with thread titles too much because we get accused of 'policing' the site, damned if we do and damned if we don't :rolleyes: :hug:

and the worst of it Sandy is you dont get to wear the police uniform....lol.x

Could your products be contaminated? Do you use the same brush with CND as with NSI? I am not CND trained so I cant give a personal opinion but I have to say that I have tried CND and they are the only company that I have found that I have had no issues with and that is why I am booking to convert ASAP!

damned if we do and damned if we don't :rolleyes: :hug:

Somebody WILL be damned! :lol:

Yesterday an average forum-visitor like me saw a post reading ‘I am leaving you Creative’. I am not Creative-trained and never used their products in the first place. But when I see a brand discussed why not check out what it’s all about, especially because of the CND omnipresence. Today, when I enter the forum I see a new thread title and the first thing that comes to my mind is ‘What! Another one?!’ ))))

Do you now see, Annie23, what have you achieved with your post against the ‘negative connotations’? People say you should be careful with what you wish for because your wish may be granted. ;)

ps) No offence intended as I have never had any ‘issues’ with CND myself .
But too much of a good thing... well, I suppose you know the rest ;).

Latest posts

Back