lifting straight away!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, Im having trouble with l&p lifting slightly straight away. Its always at the bottom of the side walls near the cuticle.
When i say straight away I mean as soon as ive put it on, let it set then gone to file to tidy up i can see the lifting there. Its just a few millimeters each side but still shouldnt be there!

Ive said to my tutor about it but she just said it could be that i didnt remove all non-living tissue properly there - but i know i have and have made sure each time since but still get the same prob.

Ive been using the dehydrator and primer and ensured that it has covered the area im working on. I dont know what else to do with it and its driving me crazy!!!

what products are you using?

I used to do this too but I worked out what my problem was. In an effort to make sure the bead didnt touch the cuticle I was inadvertantly using a bead in zone 3 which was too dry and would sometimes see immediate lifting like you described. So I made it smaller and wetter and it seemed to sort itself out.

hth
xx

hi thanks for the tip jax, ill try that next time!

Im using the Edge

Also in an attempt not to touch the surrounding skin I wouldn't press the bead hard enough in that lovely tricky area :lol:

Angle the finger down more and you should find you'll get a better position for pressing down the product without touching skin.

HTH

Your tutor will be right hun, its more than likely theres still non living tissue there....

But it could be, oil on the nail plate (you havent santitised - with what ever product you use - and got right down the side wall)

or

Your product application is too thick and u have touched the living tissue

But

its most likely non living tissue on the nail plate

I am not familar with the edge and use CND, but have found students do their prep with the cuticle remover, think they are done, and the plates free of non living tissue, if I come along with a cuti knife I find a HEAP of NLT still down the side of the nail plates.

flower.................................dont dispair....i have the same prob with my duaghter - i prep to the hilt and then some, but she just loses her nails no matter what - i would normally put this down to incorrect prep, but in my case - no way - i think and dont care what anyone says - she must have over oily nailbeds - or uses drugs - and i know she dont use drugs - have you tried nail fresh and primer? - i did with my daughter and even these didnt work to help her nails stay on - but might work with you - try it and see what happens flower

flower.................................dont dispair....i have the same prob with my duaghter - i prep to the hilt and then some, but she just loses her nails no matter what - i would normally put this down to incorrect prep, but in my case - no way -

Isn't it funny how you can have client after client that last 3 weeks doing things like... working in supermarkets opening and carrying boxes, stacking shelves etc and never have a problem
and then....
You get one client whom whatever you do lifts like buggery :lol:
Ive had two in the last year and i find you have to slap yourself to not get down about it and remind yourself of all those hard working gals that dont have any probs. At the end of the day you have done exactly the same for all clients !!!!

Latest posts

Back