Lifting when rebalance.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
God i am getting frustrated at the moment. Just when i thought i'd sorted my ratio out i am now encountering problems whenever i do a rebalance. Its happened all of a sudden. I've been practising using smaller beads as its always my zone 3 which i find so difficult. I tend to work quite wet, so have practised picking up beads to see the best way of doing it. Just as i seem to sort it out i do my nails or a clients and then have the same problem. Luckily i have two great understanding clients who don't mind me experimenting on them, but its so annoying.

I use Star Nails acrylic L&P and always do permanant french.

Especially on myself, (my right hand.) even though my nails look ok when i've done them by the following day when they have finished setting they have lifted just around zone 3 mainly the sides, it doesn't normally happen at the cuticle by the proximal nail fold but just as it curves down by the lateral side walls. (think thats how you spell that.) I have tried to keep the acrylic away from the skin as i know it will lift if it is in contact with skin and i've angled my brush to get a neat edge which doesn't usually need much blending, so i'm happy with my bruch work most of the time, its just my ratio..........

Does this get easier or am i just not getting it!!!!!!:o

Its gets easier the more you do but i found that i couldnt get on with Star Acrylic because of the lifting. Its not very forgiving either! Conversion was the way foward.

I really do want to do the conversion with creativ but i haven't been doing it for long enough yet. When i have its the first thing i'm gonna do. Thanks for the support though.:)

Sometimes you hae got to face the fact that it can be your product that is letting you down.

I've said it before, but I AM JUST SO SPOILED. And it is easy to forget the problems of old like lifting, cracking, yellowing, ageing, brittleness etc because now I never see any of them.

It is sad to think that there are good technicians out there doing the right things, but the product itself and the lack of performance makes them question themselves constantly as to whether or not it is THEY that are doing something wrong??

Move on when you can. YOu'll neve believe that lifein the salon can be so easy.

Thanks Geeg, i do feel sometimes that i'm banging my head against a brick wall at times, but i love doing nails and love the friends i have made through this site so a little hard ship won't put me off. The way i look at it, after what you said about the product letting you down, if i can do it with this one then anything else will be a walk in the park.:D

I appreciatte your encouragement, and won't give up.

Why dont you try a few trial size acrylic packs from other places. NSI and OPI defo do them. I find OPI competition 3000 good its the product I have the least amount ov lifting with. You could just try them on yourself to start with.

ALEX said:
Why dont you try a few trial size acrylic packs from other places. NSI and OPI defo do them. I find OPI competition 3000 good its the product I have the least amount ov lifting with. You could just try them on yourself to start with.

Creative also do a 'Try Me' kit that they will send to any qualified Nail Technician.

As much as there are people out there who get lifting with Star Nails products there will people who get lifting with Creative, Ezfow etc etc. Sorry but i get sick to death of people trying to say that Creative are the only way for a nail technician.

Carole Lindsay said:
As much as there are people out there who get lifting with Star Nails products there will people who get lifting with Creative, Ezfow etc etc. Sorry but i get sick to death of people trying to say that Creative are the only way for a nail technician.

Actually I never mentioned Creative, and what I said was that my product has spoiled me.

Why should you be sick of people praising a product that works so well for them? Lifting is not a major problem when using the product you mention, and it seems to be a big problem for others. MANY people will confirm that when they changed products, the problem of lifting became a thing of the past. Why should this annoy you ar anyone else? I have not read where anyone says it is the only way to go.

Carole Lindsay said:

Carole, that quote could have come out of my mouth a couple of years ago - I could not believe that there was so much difference between products costing a fraction of what Creative, EZ Flow, OPI etc cost.

I trained with Creative then decided, armed with my great training, I could use a lower end product and get great results - I did on one or two people but not nearly on all - I put this down to my lack of experience but persevered.

Eventually after some soul searching and a bit of a kick up the backside from a couple of people, I decided to go back to my roots and tried CND on a few of my more problematic clients - I was amazed by the results - on all of the ladies I tried I had them all coming back regularly with all of their nails on and minimal lifting whereas before they would regularly need 2-3 nails replaced, sometimes more and it was taking me longer to do a rebalance than a full set.

I suppose the moral of the story is, if you are getting the results you want with the product you are using then stick with it - however if you are not then gosh it may be the product you are using and not you.

I am not saying Creative is the only way to go as I am sure there are people who have problems with it but they are the exception rather than the rule.

I also don't think that Star Nails is necessarily a bad product but unfortunately as it is generally the wholesalers and colleges choice of product, I think the training lets it down.

just to put my two pennys worth in,
i posted a couple of problems on this site that i was having, including major lifting and cracking at the cuticle edge of my enhancements. on one of my clients (a hairdresser with bitten nails) her nails were only lasting 7 days, which i wasn't too worried with as i was told on training that they would probably only last that long, anyway i kept having problems and decided to try another product.... the hairdresser in question now wheres her enhancements for 2 weeks like everyone else, and is extatic (not sure i spelt that correct!) that she can she her natural nails growing under the enhancements. If it helps with the original post i was using star nails when i had the problems and now use creative, ONLY because it gives me the results i want and tried so hard to achieve.
it is really disheartening when you work so hard to create great nails then find them in a bad state when the client comes in for maintenance, so i also would recommend you phoning as my companies as you can and get some trial kits like i did - then you can make your own informed decision on which suits you and your clients.

i try NOT to knock anything unless i`ve tried it.

i always try to view things that way, the kids wanted me to go on nemisis at alton towers, i tried it i DID`NT like and i WONT go on it again lol
but at least i tried it first.

Well done Shropshiredawn, it was getting a bit heated out there but you really made me laugh :lol: :lol: though I must add that I can't wait to try Creative & if I don't like it 'who cares'. This site is very informative & mega addictive lets just :cool: it.

Thanks Geeg for that and all the rest of you who have replied. Many people are telling me now that star nails stuff isn't as good as others. I would love to try ANYTHING else at the moment as it feels like i'm going backwards and as someone else said on here it seems to take me longer to do a rebalance than a full set to begin with because of the lifting and lost nails by my client. I know she is hard on her nails as she does tend to use them as tools!!!!!!!!

Anyways i will get some sample kits, already got a kit from EZflow, how do i get creativ kit Geeg?

If what I read in your first post is correct, you only see lifting on your right hand, is that true? Are you right handed?

This jumped out at me when I read your post. I find that whenever I do my own nails (I am right-handed) my left hand of course is stunning :lol: and my right hand will have some lifting because I am so uncoordinated trying to pat the acrylic with my left hand. Exactly in the areas you describe.

So think about that for a bit and see if that might be your problem. If you don't have lifting on your left hand, then you should be fine as I don't suppose you are doing your clients with your left hand.

Laura

I tend to get some lifting after a few days on both hands but its worse on my right. I have to put a day aside and really gee myself up to doing my own because slthough they start off looking great they don't stay that way.

The other problem i get is bubbles appearing which i think might have something to do with ratio, but its happening all of a sudden. What am i doing wrong????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back