Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a long one- sorry!!

I have researched all the threads on lifting and cant find an answer that seems appropriate.

I use cnd brisa gel for gel enhancements and backscratchers extreme glaze for acrylic l&p. I trained with NFU-Oh originally then did conversions and finally settled on backscratchers. I found it quick to apply and very durable. Before i learned, i had my nails done for over 6 years by the same girl, who was amazing. She was fabulous at nails and all of my close friends went to her. She inspired me to learn how to do nails and I learned alot from her just from watching her apply mine every few weeks for 6yrs! Anyway, she used backscratchers and this is why I decided to try their system. Not seen it mentioned much on here so perhaps its not that popular afterall?

Anyway, my question is as follows. I have some clients with problems with lifting. I do the correct prep- im super thorough and I dehydrate the nail plate etc before application....but i get atleast 1 client every 2/3 weeks saying they lift after a week or so. I go over aftercare with them, ensure they have solaroil and if not sell them it!! Not all of my acrylic clients say this, infact I have some that when I asked recently about lifting they said it must be the clients because my nails are perfect on them and dont lift- these girls follow my aftercare and buy little bottles of solar oil from
Me.

So I'm confused. If this is a reoccuring problem I am contemplating changing to a different system. Any thoughts or advice welcome....

For info my procedure is pretty much like this for tips - wash hands thoroughly, push back cuticles, remove dead skin from nail thoroughly, file to shape and buff, wAsh again to remove dust thoroughly, apply tips, cut/file, buff to remove shine and blend, remove dust, dehydrate nail, start applying product. I apply it the same way i was taught, and the same way ive always seen this particular system applied.

I know you get clients who just dont take advice and bleach their floors and do dishes etc with no gloves on, use their nails as tools then moan when one comes off..but I thought id ask in case anyone knows something I am not doing (from reading the above).

The reason I ask this today is that a girl who i did nails for a week past yesterday, rang me yesterday to tell me she broke a nail at work and would like it replaced. She lives 22miles away, and when she first called me i told her i only did 10mile radius unless she would cometo me, she said she would pay extra for me to go, as wanted me to do them (I do 2 of her friends nails). I agreed. Anyhow, whilst I want to be helpful - i applied them afterall so should fix, I am a little miffed at having todrive over 20miles to replace a nail at £2.50 lol! she told me yesterday the rest were sturdy and she just caught this one.
Today she rang to see if id go earlier as the lifting is bad on the rest....? So in 24h they have all lifted...!!!

Thanks in advance for any help & advice!

For info my procedure is pretty much like this for tips - wash hands thoroughly, push back cuticles, remove dead skin from nail thoroughly, file to shape and buff, wAsh again to remove dust thoroughly, apply tips, cut/file, buff to remove shine and blend, remove dust, dehydrate nail, start applying product. I apply it the same way i was taught, and the same way ive always seen this particular system applied.

Hi TipsToToes. Reviewing your prep, it seems like a lot of washing and perhaps the nail beds are getting too wet.

First of all that is a joke her expecting you to go that far! There is only 2 people who can ruin the nail the therapist or the client! This has happened me also and I cut out all acrylics and gel nails. Clients will lie that they have done nothing wrong, it knocks your confidence to the ground.

I have used so many gels I cant seem to find the right one. I have done my training and as you say people get ther 4/5 weeks out of their nails and others get a day or two. Its hard to know exactly what the client is doing.

Would u do a refreshers course to see if that would help you? I have a girl in working for me now, she does the nails now as I dont have the patience lol.

Hi TipsToToes. Reviewing your prep, it seems like a lot of washing and perhaps the nail beds are getting too wet.

By wash - i use alcohol gel initially before i start then just after the buffing just a quick rinse- or i wipe- to remove the dust before i apply xx

First of all that is a joke her expecting you to go that far! There is only 2 people who can ruin the nail the therapist or the client! This has happened me also and I cut out all acrylics and gel nails. Clients will lie that they have done nothing wrong, it knocks your confidence to the ground.

I have used so many gels I cant seem to find the right one. I have done my training and as you say people get ther 4/5 weeks out of their nails and others get a day or two. Its hard to know exactly what the client is doing.

Would u do a refreshers course to see if that would help you? I have a girl in working for me now, she does the nails now as I dont have the patience lol.

I poss contemplated a refreshers but i apply gel and l&p enhancements daily im not sure its really required as it is only a small few who have lifting issues.....

Maybe i should convert to yet another brand lol. I use brisa gel, maybe i should convert to cnd l&p?

I like backscratchers though. It never lifts on me and i hardly do any prep on my own nails as i do them quickly sometimes just to have a set on! It confuses me and as you say, knocks u a little. I seen a girl i did nails for last week straight before this other girl - i was topping up her lashes and asked how her nails are- they are perfect still no lifts, nothing.

Thanks for both your replies! X

Are those clients on any kind of medication that might make them lift xx

Are those clients on any kind of medication that might make them lift xx

Not that im aware of? Although i didnt know this could be a factor....do you know what kind of meds affect nails and could cause lifting? X

Latest posts

Back