Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SammiG

Reaction score
I have a problem!!
I did a set of silks on my own nails a few days ago and they have started to lift towards the cuticle. I spent ages prepping but must be doing something wrong. my nails weren't oily and I took the shine off. What is the most common mistake? I just want them to stay on!
Can anyone help? or does anyone have any tips? I'm doing my NVQ U19 soon and think I have done everything by the book so far. I'm just a bit worried that I'm practising in the wrong way?

Thank you !

Sam x

Hi Sam,
Which system are you currently using?
I have used Star and now am using creative, so might be able to help you in some way.

I'm using Star at the moment. Want to start using creative eventually but want to wait until I've finished my NVQ... Spent far too much money on nails!

Thanks X

SammiG said:
I have a problem!!
I did a set of silks on my own nails a few days ago and they have started to lift towards the cuticle. I spent ages prepping but must be doing something wrong. my nails weren't oily and I took the shine off. What is the most common mistake? I just want them to stay on!
Can anyone help? or does anyone have any tips? I'm doing my NVQ U19 soon and think I have done everything by the book so far. I'm just a bit worried that I'm practising in the wrong way?

Thank you !

Sam x

I have used Star Silk on my own nails for 6 months and have never had this problem..this is what I do..

Clean nail with dhydrator..
Use dual tool to remove cuticle skin from nail plate especially near cutilce and nail walls..gently scuff nail plate using white block in direction of growth around the nail walls..again use dyhydrator...

next apply a layer of brush on resin let this dry (2 mins) and apply tip & taylor and blend etc.
Then put a wrap of either fibreglass or silk onto the nail minding not to take it right upto the cutilcle (leave a slight margin), brush with the 'brush on resin and leave to soak in - apply another coat before set then activate once with the spray activator then slight buff with white block and wipe of dust, add wrapture gel and use brush on resin to shape nail. Once set use white block (or 240 grit file if necessary) to refine then buff.

This has worked well for me let me know if you are doing anything different!

SammiG said:
I'm using Star at the moment. Want to start using creative eventually but want to wait until I've finished my NVQ... Spent far too much money on nails!

Thanks X
I too was the same but now I have used up my other products I have now bought the fabric kit and it is great - better results - the only thing I would say is with their equivalent wrapture gel - 'Boost' the consistancy is better its easier to use, gives better results but..the bottle is tougher to squeeze the product out..for me that is but hell thats now't and I an really chuffed overall - when you can afford it and have run down your other supplies I really sugeest you buy the salon start kit from creative. all the best and any other questions if I can help let me know... Lou x

Fab Freak said:
the bottle is tougher to squeeze the product out Lou x

Have you got the small size bottle, when I first bought Fabric# I couldn`t use the boost at all, it just gave me the shakes.
The bigger size boost is sooooooo much easier and you can top it up with the smaller bottle without wasting it

Yea... smaller bottle o boost is what I use to work out (thats why I am so damn buff)... we are aware of this and are working on a solution (its just tough as the bottles have to be special) ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Yea... smaller bottle o boost is what I use to work out (thats why I am so damn buff)... we are aware of this and are working on a solution (its just tough as the bottles have to be special) ;)
Ok I will have two small bottle for Richard then, lol.
He can have his own mini Gym then lol...........
If they have to be tough, maybe giving them a differnt shape would help the squeezability ??????
Maybe a diamond shape, you know like a 50 pence piece, that way you have something to grip as you push lol......now that sound odd ???????
But I hope you know what I mean ?lol?

Thank you so much!!
I think I have been activating too much.. I'll give it a go tonight and let you know the outcome!

Debs said:
Have you got the small size bottle, when I first bought Fabric# I couldn`t use the boost at all, it just gave me the shakes.
The bigger size boost is sooooooo much easier and you can top it up with the smaller bottle without wasting it

Don't think I've got the small bottle - was advised to get the Salon Starter kit because of this (and not the sample kit - which has ickle bottles) - so I duno :o

Fab Freak said:
Hi Sam,
Which system are you currently using?
I have used Star and now am using creative, so might be able to help you in some way.

Hi again...

Just to let you know, I tried it exactly the way you said and so far, no lifting!
Yay! One other thing though - I have got some really tiny air bubbles (well I think they are air bubbles).there are a few clustered on a couple of nails. do you know what I've done to cause this? At first I thought it may have been activating before all the resin had soaked into the silk but I don't think it is now. Any ideas?
Thank yoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back