lifting!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, ive been doing my extension course for a few weeks now, but im really frustrated as i keep finding the acrylic is lifting slightly after only a couple of days!!:irked:
Im using the Edge l&p, doing everything my tutor says, the only thing i noticed though was that she insists on dry cuticle removing (Excess cuticle of course and no cuticle remover liquid), ive been doing this but when i did it on my sis at home i used remover and hers stayed on alot better.
The trouble im having is:

a) i dont know if case studies are following home care properly - i know in some cases its highly unlikely or....
b) am i doing something wrong? My tutor says im doing fine but i just dont feel confident at all when a couple of days later the nails are starting to lift.

Ive read on here about prep, prep, prep!
What we are being taught to do is:

• remove any nail varnish and clean natural nail plate with non-acetone remover
  • tip size
  • remove excess cuticle (dry)
  • remove shine from nail
  • dehydrate (twice)
  • apply tips
  • dehydrate again (once)
  • primer
  • l&p overlay...
Is there anything else you would recommend?

if your educator says you are doning fine keep at it ,try some other products too you might find something you like better ,nsi has the best result for me remember to keep trying and practicing

Hi, ive been doing my extension course for a few weeks now, but im really frustrated as i keep finding the acrylic is lifting slightly after only a couple of days!!:irked:
Im using the Edge l&p, doing everything my tutor says, the only thing i noticed though was that she insists on dry cuticle removing (Excess cuticle of course and no cuticle remover liquid), ive been doing this but when i did it on my sis at home i used remover and hers stayed on alot better.

a) i dont know if case studies are following home care properly - i know in some cases its highly unlikely or....
b) am i doing something wrong? My tutor says im doing fine but i just dont feel confident at all when a couple of days later the nails are starting to lift.

• tip size
  • remove shine from nail
  • dehydrate (twice)
  • apply tips
  • dehydrate again (once)
  • primer
  • l&p overlay...

practise practise........................practise some more
also if any l/p touches the sidewalls/cuticles you may have lifting probs - very common cause in a newbie i'm afraid - but you will get there:)
also your mix ratio may not be consistent as a newbie and that may not help either.

I would say the main problem is your prep. Removing the dead tissue from the surface of the nail plate is essential, failure to do so will always result in lift.
Without cuticle remover ie dry is, I am sure, your problem.
HTH

• tip size
  • remove shine from nail
  • dehydrate (twice)
  • apply tips
  • dehydrate again (once)
  • primer
  • l&p overlay...
can i ask...you dehydrate (twice),apply tips....why do you dehdrate again hun? the reason i ask is ....i dont.....that could be causing lifting....xxxx
p.s can i just say that you must sanatize huni xxx

Maybe your sister had less cuticle on the plate to begin with? Have you done a dry prep on her before..and found remover more efficient this time? Maybe,also, she is more likely to follow your homecare advice more faithfully?
Or maybe she is just one of those wonderful clients whose nails rarely lift, at all?
I always do a 'wet' prep, as this is the way i was taught..but like to think a dry one with a system that does not require one, is sufficient?
I guess the comfort factor for the client with alot of excess cuticle to remove would have to be a consideration.
Maybe geeks who swear by a dry prep will reply?
I will say,though, alot of colleges like top keep things simple, and like to keep products to a minimum..cost cutting and all that:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back