Light brown roots, dark brown ends, but wants blonde highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmwarncke

Reaction score
I am currently a hairdresser, but still new to the hair business(1 year), but uncertain on what procedure I should do on my friend's hair who has light brown roots and dark brown ends. She wants to go with a nice natural set of blonde highlights, but nothing too crazy. What I was thinking of doing was 10 volume on roots and 20 volume on ends, both with bleach in foils. I know she will pull up a bit orangey, but I'm wondering if there is an even better way to approach this situation? Thank You!

Paula

Last edited:
is it tint on ends? if so i wud use 6% on light roots and at least 9 on the ende. . if the ends still come out a wee bit warm, jus slam on a toner, but be careful not to tone the lighter roots incase they go a bit blue. . . oh and if it in salon, slam on heat. . .x

hi,
yes it is tinted on the ends a dark brown chocolate. thanks for the input =)

i agree with scotty, at least 9% on ends id be tempted to go for 12% and just 6% on ends or if very light brown just go for pastel or 4%. What range of colours do you work with? If you pick out really fine highlights it should lift quite well and then a toner or colour touch (wella) can always sort it out......

i was tempted to say 12 to but didnt like to withpout seeing it. . . if it tint, it defo needs higher than 6. . x

Hi pmwarncke , it is so nice that you came back on again to say thank you to all the lovely hair geeks who gave their advice :hug:
that is really nice of you and it goes a long way,

its just sometimes when there is no feedback at all from the poster it sort of deflates the post if you know what I mean :cry:

anyway its nice to see the above post

Thank you too :hug:

Latest posts

Back