Light Elegance no cleanse top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola

Reaction score
Does anyone who uses LE try their no cleanse topcoat ? I find after curing it’s still tacky and seems dull compared to other cleanse topcoats.
I have re cured a bit longer but still feels tacky ‍♀️

Do you have their lamp ?

I have the CND uv lamp I was told that can cure LE x

This is the problem with a lot of nail products and its the message Ive been pushing for the past couple of years as a member on this website.

If you are finding that there is a tacky layer, that is a HUGE warning sign, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT SAYS NO CLEANSE/NO WIPE. There's a few things wrong with this and you will see that its a much bigger problem than it really is.

(1) That sticky layer is filled with all kinds of ingredients that may cause you to develop allergies. Allergies should be taken very seriously because it can end careers, sometimes before it even starts.
(2) Dull almost always mean improperly cured/poor product. That doesn't have anything to do with you. Its simply how the product was made.

Light Elegance does have their own lamp, and if you aren't using this lamp to cure their products, thats a problem. Here's another problem, EVEN IF YOU DO USE THEIR LAMP, there' s a strong chance it still may not cure properly - and this is the case for many brands. Why is this? Well because most brands are resellers of a gel. They don't make their gel in house. And so there's very little understanding of their products. Its not enough to just buy a bulk of gel and sell it. The ingredients have to be properly formulated into a usable product.

But Light Elegance is a promising brand because they seem to invest a bit into education more so than many other brands. But IMO, they are still far far behind CND. If you take a look at the CND lamp vs all of the other lamp on the market, it should tell you all you need to know. OPI also has a very nice lamp - but it does not cure their products properly. So as you can see, its pretty complicated.

The CND lamp will only cure CND products properly. It can cure other products but many problems will arise from this.

With all that said, its important to remember that im not claiming that Light Elegance does or does not cure their products properly because I haven't seen definitive proof. They are just on a watch list, for now.

Last edited:
This is the problem with a lot of nail products and its the message Ive been pushing for the past couple of years as a member on this website.

If you are finding that there is a tacky layer, that is a HUGE warning sign, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT SAYS NO CLEANSE/NO WIPE. There's a few things wrong with this and you will see that its a much bigger problem than it really is.

(1) That sticky layer is filled with all kinds of ingredients that may cause you to develop allergies. Allergies should be taken very seriously because it can end careers, sometimes before it even starts.
(2) Dull almost always mean improperly cured/poor product. That doesn't have anything to do with you. Its simply how the product was made.

Light Elegance does have their own lamp, and if you aren't using this lamp to cure their products, thats a problem. Here's another problem, EVEN IF YOU DO USE THEIR LAMP, there' s a strong chance it still may not cure properly - and this is the case for many brands. Why is this? Well because most brands are resellers of a gel. They don't make their gel in house. And so there's very little understanding of their products.

But Light Elegance is a promising brand because they seem to invest a bit into education more so than many other brands. But IMO, they are still far far behind CND. If you take a look at the CND lamp vs all of the other lamp on the market, it should tell you all you need to know. OPI also has a very nice lamp - but it does not cure their products properly. So as you can see, its pretty complicated.

The CND lamp will only cure CND products properly. It can cure other products but many problems will arise from this.

With all that said, its important to remember that im not claiming that Light Elegance does or does not cure their products properly because I haven't seen definitive proof. They are just on a watch list, for now.
Just an as FYI Light elegance both manufacture and produce all their own gels AND the lamp to go with them . They are NOT a reseller of gels . Facts are always a good thing to have ;-)

Just an as FYI Light elegance both manufacture and produce all their own gels AND the lamp to go with them . They are NOT a reseller of gels . Facts are always a good thing to have ;-)

Whether or not Light Elegance manufacture and formulate their own formulas is to be determined. And so they are on my to watch list. The only brand not on my to watch list is, of course, CND. Its very hard to get off this to watch list btw. Simply because manufacturer must prove without a doubt that their products pass basic requirements. Its actually not my job to prove this.

It is simply not enough when it states on their website or product packaging that they make their own stuff. Of course, you can personally go by that. I wouldn't. Because, as you've mentioned, facts are always a good thing to have :) But "facts" are not enough. It must be proven to be true several different ways.

Last edited:
Whether or not Light Elegance manufacture and formulate their own formulas is to be determined. And so they are on my to watch list. The only brand not on my to watch list is, of course, CND. Its very hard to get off this to watch list btw. Simply because manufacturer must prove without a doubt that their products pass basic requirements. Its actually not my job to prove this.

It is simply not enough when it states on their website or product packaging that they make their own stuff. Of course, you can personally go by that. I wouldn't. Because, as you've mentioned, facts are always a good thing to have :) But "facts" are not enough. It must be proven to be true several different ways.
I find this quite offensive Tuna :mad: . Light Elegance DO MAKE THEIR OWN PRODUCTS 100% . This is a widely known fact . Jim McConnell who owns Light Elegance is a qualified chemist who, since the very onset, 1992 I think it was , has formulated and made the products . If you knew anything about this industry you would know this ! Please get your facts straight before you go casting aspersions on a very respected and well known manufacturer :rolleyes:

****and its the message Ive been pushing for the past couple of years as a member on this website. ****

But you only joined this site last Tuesday Tuna816?

I find this quite offensive Tuna :mad: . Light Elegance DO MAKE THEIR OWN PRODUCTS 100% . This is a widely known fact . Jim McConnell who owns Light Elegance is a qualified chemist who, since the very onset, 1992 I think it was , has formulated and made the products . If you knew anything about this industry you would know this ! Please get your facts straight before you go casting aspersions on a very respected and well known manufacturer :rolleyes:

I can see how you find what im saying bashful but I just hear me out. Opposing arguments can be highly beneficial because it offers a perspective you might not have seen.

All im saying is that I personally haven't found any convincing info, as of yet, that proves LE makes their products all in house. Its not critique on their products. Its just er on the side of caution with these products because they haven't proven themselves yet.

I made a new account because I forgot my old login credentials. Was away for a long period of time. But not much has changed because the industry hasn't changed, in terms of product development.

Last edited:
Believe me when I say this . THEY 100% make their own products . I was a distributor for them back in the early days ,have met Jim on more than one occasion and have seen their factory . They HAVE proven themselves which , as I said before if you know this industry you would already be aware of ! Why are you so determined to push CND and not be prepared to accept the fact that they are not the only manufacturer of products . Jeez ...... I have a feeling you old user name may have been Tuan ....

Last edited:
Believe me when I say this . THEY 100% make their own products . I was a distributor for them back in the early days ,have met Jim on more than one occasion and have seen their factory . Why are you so determined to push CND and not be prepared to accept the fact that they are not the only manufacturer of products . Jeez ...... I have a feeling you old user name may have been Tuan ....

I am Tuan.

Its not that im not prepared to accept the facts, its just that I haven't looked into these companies yet. If you've seen their factory and know whats up, thats great. But id still er on the side of caution, in terms of product quality and development. Because OP is having problems that are notoriously associated with low quality products.

Last edited:
Then I will not have any more discussions with you on this as I find it offensive that you infer to LE as low quality products ...... 2 years absence has not softened your tone any has it ?

Then I will not have any more discussions with you on this as I find it offensive that you infer to LE as low quality products ...... 2 years absence has not softened your tone any has it ?
I haven't softened my tone since because people like you don't know how to listen or read. I never "inferred" to LE as low quality. I said it hasn't been thoroughly tested.

Does anyone who uses LE try their no cleanse topcoat ? I find after curing it’s still tacky and seems dull compared to other cleanse topcoats.
I have re cured a bit longer but still feels tacky ‍♀
Hi Lola , Who was it told you that the CND lamp would cure LE and where did you purchase your topcoat and lamp from ? You can try adding a small drop of cuticle oil to the nail after curing and wipe with that . That sometimes does the trick but you need to know for sure that the CND lamp will cure LE and that you have a genuine product

Believe me when I say this . THEY 100% make their own products . I was a distributor for them back in the early days ,have met Jim on more than one occasion and have seen their factory . They HAVE proven themselves which , as I said before if you know this industry you would already be aware of ! Why are you so determined to push CND and not be prepared to accept the fact that they are not the only manufacturer of products . Jeez ...... I have a feeling you old user name may have been Tuan ....
ahahaha spot on perfect10kb. The whole 'tone' reeked of that user, lol

because people like you don't know how to listen or read.

No, no, no Mr Tuan, let's be respectful of other users. Insults are not acceptable, and this is why you are called out for being arrogant, as soon as someone queries your opinion you resort to personal insults. Please stop doing it.

Latest posts

Back