Light pink (not bright) Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there
I would have posted this q in the Shellac Lovers group but I don't know how to get there using my phone!
I'm after a light pink Shellac, nothing too bright like Gotcha though. Would Beau or M&R be suitable? **sorry about this end bit my phone won't allow me to scroll down to delete! X thanks *sirryBeau

Do you want it to be sheer or opaque? You could layer m&r over gotcha?

Do you want it to be sheer or opaque? You could layer m&r over gotcha?

Either I guess! A little shimmer to the pink would be nice but nothing bright.

Its for an elderly client going out for the day (special occasion). What are Beau, Romantique and M&R like?

I shall have a look on the Shellac Lovers group (im on my computer now) see if I can find a colour swatch.

If you have a look in my album I have a pic of baby pink with black cherry blossoms on. I made the baby pink with one coat of hot pop pink and two coats of romantique. I hope the next batch of shellac has some pastel colours in!

Ok beau is the most sheer of those three. A lovely warm pink, mostly used for layering or French. M&r is a hard colour to describe, the base of it looks like moonlight (beleive it or not lol) like that whitey, shimmery look and it has lilac-y shimmer and is about semi sheer. I describe romantique as a milkshakey colour, it's quite cool and it's not one that suits everyone :). Hth

Ok beau is the most sheer of those three. A lovely warm pink, mostly used for layering or French. M&r is a hard colour to describe, the base of it looks like moonlight (beleive it or not lol) like that whitey, shimmery look and it has lilac-y shimmer and is about semi sheer. I describe romantique as a milkshakey colour, it's quite cool and it's not one that suits everyone :). Hth

Ok is sheer = quite see though?
Opaique (bad sp) = solid colour?

Sorry I just need these clarifying.

Whats Rosebud like? I don't mind buying several especially if they will double up as good layering options for me.

Strawberry Smoothie is beautiful (and if you don't like the frosted look, layer M&R over it).

It is always the first colour the older ladies go for, and I love it!

xx

Ok is sheer = quite see though?
Opaique (bad sp) = solid colour?

Sorry I just need these clarifying.

Whats Rosebud like? I don't mind buying several especially if they will double up as good layering options for me.

Yes your sheer/opaque is correct.

Rosebud for me was a bit of a disappointment. I would describe it at a dusky rose. However others have loved it and it looks lovely on Mum who has quite olive skin.
Vicki xx

Yeah I don't like rosebud either but it's like a vintage pink colour. It is nice on warm skin tones and probably older folk. It's got slot of brown mixed in with it and therefore is dusky looking :) x

Ok ladies

Thank you for all your feedback. As this is an older client im dealing with im going to go with:

Rosebud, Strawberry Smoothie and I think M&R as its a popular layer combination one.

Gotcha or Rose Bud layers with Strawberry Smoothie both give a beautiful pink they are both very popular with my clients.

Latest posts

Back