Light roots and dark ends!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyslocks_

Reaction score
Bleach bathed a clients hair that was dark brown/black she claimed to not having any red undertones in her hair.. I done a strand test and it came up fine, hair was healthy enough for 30vol.. Bleach bathed it and the roots are so much lighter than the ends. I then tried to lift the length and ends up to the same colour but just do not want to budge.. Its slightly a copper blonde at the mid lengths and ends. Tried to tone done the roots to blend a bit better with the ends until tomorrow when il fix it. I'm a qualified hairdresser but colour confuses me so much and didn't want to say no. Please help!

It doesn't matter if she hasn't had red in her hair, if it's black/dark brown, it will have undertones of red and possibly orange. Have a look at a lightening curve and this will help you understand. Also get a colour star to understand what will neutralise what. Don't use 30vol. Low and slow. 20vol would have got a cleaner healthier lift.

Hope this helps

Under promise and over deliver. You weren't going to get this client blonde in one go. If you applied your bleach all over, it's no wonder that her virgin roots went lighter as they have no previous colour.

I definitely do need to.. My training was terrible I did learn it all and do know a lot just not advanced techniques just the basics.. How would you go about fixing this? Thank you for your help!!

What exactly have you done so far?
Did you bleach bath with 30 vol then apply more bleach then tone? What base would you say she's at now? What toner have you used?

Hi.. Yeah bleach bathed all over with 30 vol then tried to lighten the ends again as they were about a 7 and roots are about a 10 then toned with luo P01 that I was planning on using to tone a full head of highlights she was suppose to have but insisted on getting it bleach bathed I told her that it was at her own risk of it not being perfect but she was so impatient! Wish I had stuck to my guns and not gave in as I feel awful for leaving her with lighter roots! Thank you any advice is very much appreciated I need to get my A game on and get learning more!

Sounds like an application issue, why did you apply the bleach bath all over allowing the roots to lighten more?

You should have applied to darkest areas first.

Hi.. Yeah bleach bathed all over with 30 vol then tried to lighten the ends again as they were about a 7 and roots are about a 10 then toned with luo P01 that I was planning on using to tone a full head of highlights she was suppose to have but insisted on getting it bleach bathed I told her that it was at her own risk of it not being perfect but she was so impatient! Wish I had stuck to my guns and not gave in as I feel awful for leaving her with lighter roots! Thank you any advice is very much appreciated I need to get my A game on and get learning more!

First of all remember you know best not them. Don't let them tell you what to do.

The best thing to do now is put a Demi all over to the base of a 7 to even out the colour. Don't use a flat 7 but add the desired pre pig tone needed.

Leave it darker for a few weeks, tell her she needs regular conditioning treatments (recommend products for her). Then after a few week if the condition of the hair allows do a full head of fine highlights. Tell her it'll be a longer process but it won't compromise the condition of her hair and her hair will be a colour she can be proud to show in public (and one you're proud to put your name too)

Latest posts

Back