Lightening level 6, Wella tip please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nina999

Reaction score
Hello

I have a client with fine hair, level 6. We used 12/81 with some 0/81 for a few years. We achieved a level 9/10 with some warm, we toned occasionally with 8/81 which was beautiful. See picture of un-toned.

She took a break and has grown out most of the colour now. Now has about 25% gray at temples, very little top and back.

She would like to go blonde again but doesn't have to be so bright. My question is whether people would recommended using switching to a 9 or an 8 level koleston with 40 vol rather than using the special blonde series. Less damage would be positive. more gray in the future will be an issue.
But will she get a good lift and tone with regular koleston and 40 vol.

Any experience or formulation suggestions very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20171025_165222~2.jpg
    IMG_20171025_165222~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
Hello

I have a client with fine hair, level 6. We used 12/81 with some 0/81 for a few years. We achieved a level 9/10 with some warm, we toned occasionally with 8/81 which was beautiful. See picture of un-toned.

She took a break and has grown out most of the colour now. Now has about 25% gray at temples, very little top and back.

She would like to go blonde again but doesn't have to be so bright. My question is whether people would recommended using switching to a 9 or an 8 level koleston with 40 vol rather than using the special blonde series. Less damage would be positive. more gray in the future will be an issue.
But will she get a good lift and tone with regular koleston and 40 vol.

Any experience or formulation suggestions very appreciated.
I'd look at lifting using 10/0 with 12%, and then tone accordingly afterwards.
Or if you want the cleanest lift without the special blondes. Then I'd go with 10/16 + 10/86 :)

I'd look at lifting using 10/0 with 12%, and then tone accordingly afterwards.
Or if you want the cleanest lift without the special blondes. Then I'd go with 10/16 + 10/86 :)
Thanks.
What would you expect result to be if I used 9 or 8. I thought I wouldn't get enough control with a 10. TIA

Thanks.
What would you expect result to be if I used 9 or 8. I thought I wouldn't get enough control with a 10. TIA
10/0 is the best for just pure lift, because it will also cut through tint if mixed with 12%..
If you use a 9 and it's still warm, your only option for toning would be to go down to an 8.
If you used 9/1 for example, you'd have a lot of yellow undertones with an ash overlay which will make it look dull but warm.
If you lift with 10/0 you will see the raw lift, and can tone out the tone you need to.

10/0 is the best for just pure lift, because it will also cut through tint if mixed with 12%..
If you use a 9 and it's still warm, your only option for toning would be to go down to an 8.
If you used 9/1 for example, you'd have a lot of yellow undertones with an ash overlay which will make it look dull but warm.
If you lift with 10/0 you will see the raw lift, and can tone out the tone you need to.
Thanks so much

Latest posts

Back