Lightening natural hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzii

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has any good tips on lightening natural blonde hair, base 7/8 without using bleach.

What are you wanting to achieve? You could use a tint or a high lift tint. Or you could use the L’Oréal sunkissed lightening oil. It really depends on what effect you want to achieve & tone

Prob lift to a 9/10 just a soft balayage. I have tested her hair with 12/96 as I had it in with 30 vol, but I think the colour has to much pink in to do anything, it’s lightened it very slightly, but not the colour I wanted.
I have read that matrix high lift tints are good to use on virgin hair, but I’ve not used them before

Why are you reluctant to use bleach? It’s generally more consistent than using tint when doing balayage.

I wouldn't bother using 9% with a highlift if you're trying to achieve a clean blonde, and 7/81 would be a better choice.

However, AcidPerm is right, bleach is a much better option for balayage. In terms of application tint doesn't have as thick a consistency as bleach and so makes it harder to paint freehand.

Don't be scared of bleach, highlift can be just as damaging if not more when you're using such a high developer.

I want to use bleach, but the girl is 16, and her mum doesn’t want her to have it, I said I would take a sample and just see what I can do as I have never used it like that before.
She does have good strong hair, so I’m sure it would be fine. I will just have to say the tests have come out pretty much the same as her hair colour.

I want to use bleach, but the girl is 16, and her mum doesn’t want her to have it, I said I would take a sample and just see what I can do as I have never used it like that before.
She does have good strong hair, so I’m sure it would be fine. I will just have to say the tests have come out pretty much the same as her hair colour.
Yeah I'd tell her theres no other way to achieve the look she wants than with bleach. If you use olaplex I'd try and promote that to her if its the damage shes worried about. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back