Lighter make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you find it tricky to find a lighter foundation for pale skin?

• Yes

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • I have a perfect foundation (please share!)

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters

colby

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick poll to find out how many people find it hard to get a light/pale shade of foundation to match their skin tones in normal shops , (boots ,Superdrug) and for a normal price tag!!
Any feedback is much appreciated!!

I used to find it difficult to get hold of light foundation for myself (however I was never really looking at lower end make up) but it is definitely less of any issue in recent years. Lots of brands in all price ranges now offer a wider range of shades.

If you are looking for one, I would suggest the new Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. I don't usually have lower end make up in my kit but I now have this in every shade! The lightest two are fantastic. One is cool and one is warm.

Something which I used to do a lot was mix white foundation with a darker shade to create my perfect match.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I selected no because I'm better at matching my foundation colour than I used to be but I understand that it can be tricky.

I use a little known brand of foundation called Laval and the shade I use is called fair 060. As far as makeup goes it's one of the cheapest possible brands known (often sold on market stalls or ebay) but I would urge you not to be reluctant on this basis because having looked at the ingredients it is similar to the high street brands and it blends fantastically well and gives a strong coverage too.

I am about to check out the dermalogica cover foundation samples I've ordered because they sound good for the skin although I'm hoping that the light shade will be right for me.

I use the lightest clarins foundation shade. I have very, very pale skin. I also find it lasts all day so I can warrant the price tag (although its maybe only a few more £'s than a drugstore one?!)

The ideal for me would be Jane Iredale, but when budget is restricted I totally love Boots No.7 little pot of mousse foundation in Cool Ivory. Great coverage, even on my spotty skin, gives just the right amount of cover on clear areas but can be built up where required, then I brush on powder as I feel it makes it last longer. The little compacts of the same stuff are also great and go on a bit heavier for extra coverage. The next shade up, Cool Beige is just the right shade when you've got a tan, real or fake :)

I used to buy this foundation in boots and it matched perfectly and so easy to apply but now they've discontinued the lighter shades :(

As a ginger girl with barely any freckles and blue eyes I can safely say I am EXTREMELY pale, Rimmel Match Perfection in shade 010 think it may be true ivory or something? Is the only foundation that has ever matched my skin perfectly and has a great coverage even in just one pump! Sound like I'm promoting it lol! But honestly it's amazing and only £6/£8 (can't remember which!) x

I've been converting to Liz Earle Colour and so far loving it :) Stays fresh all day!

Perfect match is Jane Iredale, but voted before i read the high street bit and only use JI so not much help sorry! x

I love Clinique!! I'm so pale it's untrue! They do lovely shades. I found that mac either made me look orange or like I was about to be sick it was that white!

I have pale skin and freckles, but have found Asda's lightest foundation mixed with a bit of their brightener works wonders and at £5 a pump, you can't go wrong! x

I use Estée lauder double wear its not cheap but its worth it when its your face lol. Im super pale x

BB creams are fab!

i can never find the right shade for my skin and nivea BB cream is brilliant,bit blush and its looks lovley :cool:

miranda

Bobbi Brown in alabaster is amazing for pale skin! I may be biased because i used to work for them but its such a good shade without washing you out. The sticks are about £27 but last for at least a year x

MAC do a White face & body so you can mix it with anything or use it on its own if your that fair! It is a Pro only product but they are all available from the MAC store in Fouberts Place, Soho to anyone that wanders in. It's not 'Superdrug' cheap but in a pro size it's HUGE so would last for ages.

X

Bobbi Brown in alabaster is amazing for pale skin! I may be biased because i used to work for them but its such a good shade without washing you out. The sticks are about £27 but last for at least a year x

I thought that they had discontinued Alabaster across the range and Porcelain was now the lightest?

MAC do a White face & body so you can mix it with anything or use it on its own if your that fair! It is a Pro only product but they are all available from the MAC store in Fouberts Place, Soho to anyone that wanders in. It's not 'Superdrug' cheap but in a pro size it's HUGE so would last for ages.

X

Unfortunately, Face & Body doesn't last too long, it goes off and separates. I wonder if the white is available in the smaller size yet?

I thought that they had discontinued Alabaster across the range and Porcelain was now the lightest?

No alabaster is still available in the stick form. I think they will be bringing it back in most foundation formulas in the future because so many people have complained that its gone. X

Unfortunately, Face & Body doesn't last too long, it goes off and separates. I wonder if the white is available in the smaller size yet?

This is true, although I use so much if it that not too much had gone to waste. I don't think it's available in a smaller size though if you know someone else who wants some you could go halves and split it.

This is true, although I use so much if it that not too much had gone to waste. I don't think it's available in a smaller size though if you know someone else who wants some you could go halves and split it.

The smaller size are a bit of a rip off anyway, the price does not reflect the size at all! Sharing with someone else is probably the best option as you say.

Latest posts

Back