Lightest blonde to cover stubborn grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Morning guys...
A bit stumped so need to pick your brains.

I have a regular client (85% grey) who has her regrowth touched up every 3 weeks.
Her grey is very resistant and I always pre soften before applying colour. And it's still not perfect to me.

We tend do do a packed in full head of foils every 4-5 months to get her really blonde and then a tint inbetween and on the regrowth every three weeks.

I use majirel.
Previously to the last app I was using 9.0 and 9.13
Client throws up lots of warmth and hates it hence me not using 9.3!

Last app
We did LOTS of bleach foils, hardly leaving out any hair.
I then used a 10.0 as my tint to cover the tiniest regrowth...
And it barely touched it! :( but the blonde foils did help it blend!

I'm prepared to find another brand for my client, just wanted to hear other hair geeks opinions.

So as the title says, I need the lightest blonde that will cover the ever so resistant grey!

Sorry for waffling on... I'll attach a photo of the last app we had.

Thanks in advance! X x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364630648.377147.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364630648.377147.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,516
Hun if she's 85% grey why not use 8 and 9? Or just 8? X

Wella Kp 99/0?

Loreal INOA supreme 10.13 x

Loreal INOA supreme 10.13 x

Have you used this shade CHarvey?!
I'll trust your judgement.... I can get in capital too!xx

Have you used this shade CHarvey?!
I'll trust your judgement.... I can get in capital too!xx

I use it all the time. It can throw back a little warmth but it would be fine on the lady in those pictures.
Word of waning when it is developing, it looks black! No word of a lie! It's perfectly normal and is due to the fact it is an oil based colour. You do have to use it with supreme developer but it is honestly the best at covering greys so well worth the investment

I use it all the time. It can throw back a little warmth but it would be fine on the lady in those pictures.
Word of waning when it is developing, it looks black! No word of a lie! It's perfectly normal and is due to the fact it is an oil based colour. You do have to use it with supreme developer but it is honestly the best at covering greys so well worth the investment

Thank you!
she's a regular, so will be worth it.
Is it just 2 lots of product now.... Tint and developer...
When I was last at L'Oreal it was 3! X

Thank you!
she's a regular, so will be worth it.
Is it just 2 lots of product now.... Tint and developer...
When I was last at L'Oreal it was 3! X

Yes it's two x just the same developer that you use with normal INOA..don't let that put you off though lol.. Make sure you plaster it on. It is fab if you use enough product but because its oil it doesn't mush in as much as normal tint x

In that case you've got to sacrifice coverage for lightness x

Supreme is great but I always get the fear! Lol I know the 10 does end up a 10/ but I find from a 7/ 8/ base it can appear darker even once developed and rinsed

Yes it's two x just the same developer that you use with normal INOA..don't let that put you off though lol.. Make sure you plaster it on. It is fab if you use enough product but because its oil it doesn't mush in as much as normal tint x

Brilliant, thank you...
I'll let you know how I get on... (Nervous!!) xx

Beautiful colour

Amazing product - no smell?!

Wasn't 100% on the coverage, I'll still need to pre soften in the future, very impressed though!

Thank you for your advice! X

Beautiful colour

Amazing product - no smell?!

Wasn't 100% on the coverage, I'll still need to pre soften in the future, very impressed though!

Thank you for your advice! X

Ah was there a build up of old colour on the ends?
We had training a few months back and were told that if there is solid colour on the ends and we are just doing the roots then you need to double apply xx

Latest posts

Back