Lighting when doing spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire C

Reaction score
Hi. I'm fairly new to spray tanning, mainly do nails but started as an add on. I have the sunless solutions inflatable spray tent and I struggle with a good light to see what I'm doing. What does everyone else do? Maybe my clients are too far in to the tent. If I have over head lighting I can't see very well and if I have a lamp at the front I end up blocking my own light! Thanks in advance

When possible natural light is best I find. Other times during winter i would use white light from mag lamp - hth!

You need a twisted daylight (white) bulb, the twists int he bulb limit throwing shadows and the white light is the closest to natural light (normal bulbs give off a yellow light not a white light so make sure to look for white or daylight bulbs). I have a pop up tent and use a clip on light for the side of the tent, I'm not sure if you could put one of these on an inflatable tent.

Ooh thanks girls. I'll have a look at a clip on light. I was beginning to think a head torch was the only option!

Ikea do clip on lights for £10 x

I have 2 photography type lights - they are on tripods and Dan be easily moved and angled and have daylight bulbs.
I must admit I love my Xen Tan but the guide colour is soooo light and hard to see. A darker guide makes it easier x

Ooh thanks girls. I'll have a look at a clip on light. I was beginning to think a head torch was the only option!

Funnily enough I did this the other night, the natural light was fading fast & my clients indoor lighting wasn't so good, she said "I can get my husbands head torch!" We both had a right laugh at me wearing it, but in all seriousness it was actually really effective!! X

Latest posts

Back