Lighting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Looking to set up work from home and mobile can anyone tell me the best possible light to get and where from as i understand normal lighting is not the best to work with???:idea:

Kellyc said:
Hi peeps,

Looking to set up work from home and mobile can anyone tell me the best possible light to get and where from as i understand normal lighting is not the best to work with???:idea:
try the daylight company - sorry dont know their number they do advertise in the nail mags...

The Daylight Company do a great range of lights. I have a portable one that folds up covering the bulb, perfect if you are mobile. It has a bracket so it can be mounted on a wall or table too. They had a stall at the NEC last month, sorry dont have their address, maybe someone else can help???

Hi Kelly

I use a lamp which i bought from Focus £5.99 they call it a hydro?????lamp (cant remember the proper name for it) - this is what i was advised to get when i did my training.

I am sure you will be able to buy them from Argos/homebase etc..... The lamp is perfect it has an ajustable head which i can tilt up and down and it folds down so when i am travelling it goes in my box lovely!! - it also comes in many colours!!

hope this helps

Thanks peeps,

Didi, that sounds great and brill price does it have to be any particular lighting?

Kelly

Daylight's number is 0208 964 1200

I have one of the slimline daylight's £29.99 and "it does exactly what it says on the box"!! very good, thought have no others to compare it too !

kx

Fab Freak said:
try the daylight company - sorry dont know their number they do advertise in the nail mags...

If you dont go with the daylight company make sure the lamp you do buy doesnt cast shadows. This is what ordinary household bulbs do, no good for working with.

Hi Kelly

I think the reason for this particular lamp was it doesn't get as hot!? (might be completely wrong) - but like i said when i did my training i took along a normal (whatever they class as normal?!!) lamp (like a small bedside one) and was told that the hydro?!?!?!? (i wish i could remember the name) lamp was the best to buy and i then had an order for about 5 for the other girls on the course!!!!!!!!

If you use gels don't get a halogen one as this can apparently start to cure the gels (?) x

HALOGEN!!!!! thats the word! lol (god that was really bugging me!)

The Lamp i use for the table is the halogen one because it has an adjusteble head i have it VERY high and close to me when i do gels (just enought light for me to see!!)

I bought the HALOGEN!! lamp on the recommendation of my tutor and she did not mention that the lamp would start to cure Gel - but i was doing L&P at the time so maybe it wasn't worth mentioning!!

Hiya

just a point that app the daylight bulbs dont tire your eyes out as much. Mine is only and ordinary one from ikea though!!

At the NEC show I got the Daylight Lamp and I must admit it is brill.
No shadow and it's bright and clear ................lol just like daylight!!!!!
Mine folds together and looks neat, I love it.............
JMHO

Didi said:
HALOGEN!!!!! thats the word! lol (god that was really bugging me!)

The Lamp i use for the table is the halogen one because it has an adjusteble head i have it VERY high and close to me when i do gels (just enought light for me to see!!)

I bought the HALOGEN!! lamp on the recommendation of my tutor and she did not mention that the lamp would start to cure Gel - but i was doing L&P at the time so maybe it wasn't worth mentioning!!
Thanks all for your advice, cheers Didi for letting me know coz at the moment i do gel nails so will take your advice on board:)

The daylight company have a website. The prices look like retail price as my lamp is £43 on it but got it for £30. Maybe they have a trade catalogue??

www.daylightcompany.com

Hi

I have seen the daylight lamps on special offers in the nail mags. If thats any help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back